* sstream header file
@ 1999-11-16 20:06 John Chang
From: John Chang @ 1999-11-16 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I was trying to compile code in c++ using the sstream header
file included but cygwin didn't not recognize such a file header.
Does cygwin not have it???  I'm trying to use the istringstream and
ostringstream class types.

thanks.

* Re: sstream header file
@ 1999-11-16 21:59 ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-11-16 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Chang; +Cc: cygwin

John Chang <jbum@post.com> writes:
> I was trying to compile code in c++ using the sstream header
> file included but cygwin didn't not recognize such a file header.
> Does cygwin not have it???  I'm trying to use the istringstream and
> ostringstream class types.

The C++ library bundled with GCC (any version) is not ISO compliant,
and lacks string streams, template iostreams, and quite a few other
items. There is work on going to create an ISO compliant C++ runtime
library -- see http://sourceware.cygnus.com/libstdc++/ for details.

Regards,
Mumit

* sstream header file
@ 1999-11-30 23:39 ` John Chang
From: John Chang @ 1999-11-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-11-30 23:39   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-11-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Chang; +Cc: cygwin

John Chang <jbum@post.com> writes:
> I was trying to compile code in c++ using the sstream header
> file included but cygwin didn't not recognize such a file header.
> Does cygwin not have it???  I'm trying to use the istringstream and
> ostringstream class types.

The C++ library bundled with GCC (any version) is not ISO compliant,
and lacks string streams, template iostreams, and quite a few other
items. There is work on going to create an ISO compliant C++ runtime
library -- see http://sourceware.cygnus.com/libstdc++/ for details.

Regards,
Mumit

* RE: sstream header file
@ 1999-11-30 23:39 ` Singer, Robert (AZ76)
From: Singer, Robert (AZ76) @ 1999-11-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mumit Khan', John Chang; +Cc: cygwin

What about strstream? It has istrstream and ostrstream and they have been
working fine for me as string streams. There are some differences between
GCC & MSVC++ implementations...

Cordially,
Robert

From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-11-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Singer, Robert (AZ76); +Cc: John Chang, cygwin

"Singer, Robert (AZ76)" <RSinger@space.honeywell.com> writes:
> What about strstream? It has istrstream and ostrstream and they have been
> working fine for me as string streams. There are some differences between
> GCC & MSVC++ implementations...

ststream is deprecated, which means new code shouldn't be using it, and
should use string streams instead (strstreams has some problems where
you can end up with dangling pointers unless you take care to freeze
and unfreeze the internal buffer correctly).

Unfortunately, GNU C++ library doesn't come with string streams yet.

Regards,
Mumit

* Re: sstream header file
@ 1999-11-17 10:05 ` Mumit Khan