* On Win95, ESC switches focus to next window
@ 1999-11-22  8:03 TOMMY REYNOLDS
From: TOMMY REYNOLDS @ 1999-11-22  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I use B20.1 (15-JAN patch) on a Win95 system, usually in an RXVT window with
the X mouse control panel add-on.  Sometimes in my typing, I smudge the
Ctrl/Shift/Alt/Window keys in some combination (dunno what combination,
though) and suddenly using the ESC key (which VI users are prone to do quite
often) switches the focus to the "next" window.  Sounds like a Win95 feature
to me, but does anybody know how to recover from this, short of rebooting my
system?

* RE: On Win95, ESC switches focus to next window
@ 1999-11-22 10:20 ` Ajit George
From: Ajit George @ 1999-11-22 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TOMMY REYNOLDS, cygwin

My guess is that your Alt key is sticking, which happens to me quite often
also (although only when using an older keyboard, hmm...).  Hitting Alt a
few times usually gets it unstuck.

Ajit

@ 1999-11-22 10:51   ` Glenn Spell
From: Glenn Spell @ 1999-11-22 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 22 Nov 1999 around 12:19PM (-0600) Ajit George wrote:

> [...]

Or turn the bugger upside down and beat on it!

Yes. This drove me nuts until I finially figured it out.  Then I
trashed that Packard-Bell keyboard and pulled a KeyTronic Trak101
out of mothballs... no more problems :-)

-glenn

* On Win95, ESC switches focus to next window
@ 1999-11-30 23:39 ` TOMMY REYNOLDS
From: TOMMY REYNOLDS @ 1999-11-30 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-11-30 23:39     ` Glenn Spell