* Mount UNC path different user
@ 2018-12-02  9:37 john doe
From: john doe @ 2018-12-02  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

How can I do the following on Cygwin?:

/sbin/mount.cifs //server/share /mount-point -o user=different-user

In other words, how can I mount a windows share with a specific user ?

--
John Doe

* Re: Mount UNC path different user
@ 2018-12-02 11:20 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2018-12-02 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: john doe, cygwin

Greetings, john doe!

> How can I do the following on Cygwin?:

> /sbin/mount.cifs //server/share /mount-point -o user=different-user

> In other words, how can I mount a windows share with a specific user ?

You can't. Cygwin is not a kernel module, it's a userspace program, and Cygwin
mounts are bind mounts.

net use \\server\share /user:chosen\user *

Then you can use Cygwin mount to place the shared directory wherever you want.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: Mount UNC path different user
@ 2018-12-02 16:04   ` john doe
From: john doe @ 2018-12-02 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 12/2/2018 12:09 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, john doe!
>
>> How can I do the following on Cygwin?:
>

>> /sbin/mount.cifs //server/share /mount-point -o user=different-user
>
>> In other words, how can I mount a windows share with a specific user ?
>
> You can't. Cygwin is not a kernel module, it's a userspace program, and Cygwin
> mounts are bind mounts.
>
> net use \\server\share /user:chosen\user *
>
> Then you can use Cygwin mount to place the shared directory wherever you want.

Thank you, looks like I forgot that Cygwin is on Windows! :)

--
John Doe