* Re: cygport injects unexpected parameter
       [not found] <06d13c30-bde6-12ed-5c8d-4b38d1d40334@towo.net>
@ 2023-05-10 11:47 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-05-10 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/05/2023 08:57, Thomas Wolff via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> I'm trying to build xterm 380 and got two problems in the cygport
> compile step:
>
> 1.
> *** ERROR: could not determine the autoconf version used to generate
> ./configure; perhaps set AUTOCONF_VERSION?
>
> I don't know why a tool wants to be told its own version (or what's

This is not what the error message says.

> going on) but the following line in xterm.cygport seems to help:
> AUTOCONF_VERSION=$( autoconf --version | sed -e "s,.* ,," -e 1q )

Your second point explains the first.

cygport attempts to detect the version of autoconf used to generate the
./configure script, so it knows what options it supports.

If that detection fails (as in this case, because it's generated by
customized version), you can set AUTOCONF_VERSION appropriately.

https://cygwin.github.io/cygport/autotools_cygclass.html#AUTOCONF_VERSION

https://cygwin.com/cgit/cygwin-apps/cygport/tree/cygclass/autotools.cygclass#n711

> 2.
> configure: error: unrecognized option: --docdir=/usr/share/doc/xterm
>
> This seems to be injected by the cygconf function, and the package
> configure script does not know it.

For configure files generated by dickey's variant of autoconf, the
correct thing seems to be to use AUTOCONF_VERSION="2.50"

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-05-10 11:47 UTC | newest]