* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: make 3.79
@ 2000-06-13 15:13 jorg.schaible
From: jorg.schaible @ 2000-06-13 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>I can't duplicate this on Windows 95 or Windows NT with cygwin 1.1.2
>on either text or binary mounted partitions with either CRLF or LF
>line endings.

>It works the same way with make 3.79 on both linux and windows.

>cgf

Which means, it works on both systems buggy or you cannot reproduce the bug on both ??

Jörg

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: make 3.79
@ 2000-06-13 15:22 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2000-06-13 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jorg.schaible, cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com

At 07:13 PM 6/13/2000, jorg.schaible@db.com wrote:

>>I can't duplicate this on Windows 95 or Windows NT with cygwin 1.1.2
>>on either text or binary mounted partitions with either CRLF or LF
>>line endings.
>
>>It works the same way with make 3.79 on both linux and windows.
>
>>cgf
>

>Which means, it works on both systems buggy or you cannot reproduce the bug on both ??
>
>Jörg

I believe Chris meant the latter.

                                       (508) 560-1285 - cell phone

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: make 3.79
@ 2000-06-13 15:32 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-06-13 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 11:13:04PM +0000, jorg.schaible@db.com wrote:

>>I can't duplicate this on Windows 95 or Windows NT with cygwin 1.1.2
>>on either text or binary mounted partitions with either CRLF or LF
>>line endings.
>
>>It works the same way with make 3.79 on both linux and windows.
>
>>cgf
>

>Which means, it works on both systems buggy or you cannot reproduce the bug on both ??

"I can't duplicate this"

cgf

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: make 3.79
@ 2000-06-13 16:26 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-06-13 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 11:51:03PM +0000, jorg.schaible@db.com wrote:
>It's not the echoed line I expect, but the gcc line !

Ah.  I completely missed this.  You're right.  It doesn't get printed on
linux either so I assume that this is a generic make-3.79 problem.

cgf

@ 2000-06-13 15:51 jorg.schaible

@ 2000-06-13 14:03     ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2000-06-13 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Chris,

jorg.schaible@db.com wrote:
> a) The archive make3-79.tar.gz in latest omits the make.info* files
> for version 3.79 provided by the FSF

Would you be willing to re-release your package with the info files
included?

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: make 3.79
       [not found] ` <200006132028.NAA06949@cygnus.com>
@ 2000-06-13 13:47   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-06-13 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2000-06-13 13:27 ` Dan Haynes
       [not found] ` <200006132028.NAA06949@cygnus.com>
From: Dan Haynes @ 2000-06-13 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jorg.schaible, cygwin

@ 2000-06-13 12:47 jorg.schaible
       [not found] ` <200006132028.NAA06949@cygnus.com>

From: cgf@cygnus.com on 09/06/2000 01:53

Please respond to cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com

To:   cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
cc:
Subject:  [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: make 3.79

@ 2000-06-09 12:33 Parker, Ron
From: Parker, Ron @ 2000-06-09 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > I've uploaded a new version of make to sourceware/pub/cygwin/latest.
> > This is make version 3.79 straight from the FSF with the
> usual Cygwin
> > modifications to support the MAKE_MODE=unix,
> MAKE_MODE=windows, --unix,
> > --windows, abomin.., er, features.
>
> Possibly a dumb question, but is the 'windows' make mode
> necessary, or even
> useful to anyone?  The only difference is that it uses CMD.EXE or
> COMMAND.COM instead of sh, right?  Why would anyone want to do that?

One possibility is that they are using a makefile that was written for the
actual mingw32 tools and not the cygwin -mno-cygwin version of the compiler.
Some of these packages actually have GNU Makefiles that are intended to use
the native Windows "shell".

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: make 3.79
@ 2000-06-09 11:39 Gary R. Van Sickle
From: Gary R. Van Sickle @ 2000-06-09 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I've uploaded a new version of make to sourceware/pub/cygwin/latest.
> This is make version 3.79 straight from the FSF with the usual Cygwin
> modifications to support the MAKE_MODE=unix, MAKE_MODE=windows, --unix,
> --windows, abomin.., er, features.

Possibly a dumb question, but is the 'windows' make mode necessary, or even
useful to anyone?  The only difference is that it uses CMD.EXE or
COMMAND.COM instead of sh, right?  Why would anyone want to do that?

Gary R. Van Sickle <tiberius@braemarinc.com>
Braemar Inc.
11481 Rupp Dr.
Burnsville, MN 55337