* Re: Typing trouble (again)
@ 2000-12-18  5:45 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-12-18  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Dixon, cygwin

--- Richard Dixon <rdixon@met.reading.ac.uk> wrote:

> After having re-installed Cygwin with the very latest version, as someone
> on the list suggested, I've still got the same problem of "pinging",
> letters disappearing and "^T" appearing randomly as I type.
>
> Could it be that the software is clashing with any of my software
> currently installed on my computer?

Sounds like a bad ~/.inputrc file to me.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com

---         < http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com >         ---
--- Cygwin: POSIX on Windows < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ > ---
---   Minimalist GNU for Windows < http://www.mingw.org/ >   ---

* Re: Typing trouble (again)
@ 2000-12-18  9:20 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-12-18  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Dixon; +Cc: cygwin users

--- Richard Dixon <rdixon@met.reading.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
> >Sounds like a bad ~/.inputrc file to me.
>
> Hello Earnie,
>
> Where do I find out about a .inputrc file - is there a reference somewhere
> on the cygwin pages?

info --file /usr/info/readline

If you have a ~/.inputrc file then if you remove it, it will help.  If not,
then paste the output of `cygcheck -s -r -v' in a mail to the list and not to
me.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com

---         < http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com >         ---
--- Cygwin: POSIX on Windows < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ > ---
---   Minimalist GNU for Windows < http://www.mingw.org/ >   ---

* Typing trouble (again)
@ 2000-12-17 11:56 Richard Dixon
From: Richard Dixon @ 2000-12-17 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

After having re-installed Cygwin with the very latest version, as someone
on the list suggested, I've still got the same problem of "pinging",
letters disappearing and "^T" appearing randomly as I type.

Could it be that the software is clashing with any of my software
currently installed on my computer?

Yours naively,
Richard !