* Re: Re : Re: Process Freezes with Cygwin 1.1.6 / Windows 98 SE
@ 2000-12-18  6:48 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-12-18  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: claude.boulade, cygwin

--- claude.boulade@bull.net wrote:

> I don't know if it is a Windows 9x problem.
>
> But notice that I am using Cygwin since version 1.1.0, and never had this
> problem before version 1.1.6.
>
> It disappears when I go back to version 1.1.5.

Consider yourself fortunate to have benefitted from someone elses hard work.
In prior versions of Cygwin W9x would freeze with consistency.  I'll have to
ask that you do some work to figure out what changed to cause it to break
between 1.1.5 and 1.1.6.  Perhaps comparing strace output logs and some runtime
debugging.  Believe me, this won't get fixed unless someone with the problem
fixes it.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com

---         < http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com >         ---
--- Cygwin: POSIX on Windows < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ > ---
---   Minimalist GNU for Windows < http://www.mingw.org/ >   ---

* Re: Re : Re: Process Freezes with Cygwin 1.1.6 / Windows 98 SE
@ 2000-12-18  7:26   ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2000-12-18  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, cygwin

At 10:17 AM 12/18/2000, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 01:07:49PM +0100, claude.boulade@bull.net wrote:
> >Subject: Re : Re: Process Freezes with Cygwin 1.1.6 / Windows 98 SE
> >To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> >From: claude.boulade@bull.net
> >Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:07:49 +0100
> >

> >I don't know if it is a Windows 9x problem.
> >
> >But notice that I am using Cygwin since version 1.1.0, and never had this
> >problem before version 1.1.6.
> >
> >It disappears when I go back to version 1.1.5.
>
>I'll bet it disappears if you switch to linux, too.
>
>cgf

Ah, interesting point.  I have an idea.  Let's make Cygwin BE Linux.  That
should solve all the problems!;-)

Larry

PS - This is a lame attempt at humor, in case anyone doesn't understand
      lame humor!;-)

* Re: Re : Re: Process Freezes with Cygwin 1.1.6 / Windows 98 SE
@ 2000-12-18  7:18 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2000-12-18  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2000-12-18  4:07 claude.boulade