* ls: .: No such file or directory
@ 2001-03-09 10:04 Scott Wallace
From: Scott Wallace @ 2001-03-09 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello everyone,
 I've searched the archives and found no answer to this, so...
I've done a full install of Cygwin 1.1.8 from the internet onto my Win2k
server.  I've setup the Cygwin telnetd to allow users to telnet into the
machine to access files and such.  I've done the 'mkpasswd -d' and
'mkgroup -d' creating the files in the /etc/directory.
The problem:
When I telnet in and do an 'ls', I get the following error:

ls: .: No such file or directory

yet, if I do an 'ls c:/' or otherwise specify an exact path to list, it
works fine.  I see this problem when I am in any user group other than the
Administrators Group.  When I have administrative privileges, I can 'ls'
just fine.  I don't want to have to remain in the administrators group for
normal operations nor do I want other users in that group.  Does anyone have
any ideas why it is acting this way?  I've checked the NT permissions on the
directory and the files within and they are fine.  I'm baffled.  Thank you
all for any help you can give!

thanks,
Scott Wallace

* Re: ls: .: No such file or directory
@ 2001-03-09 13:19 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-03-09 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 12:02:45PM -0600, Scott Wallace wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>  I've searched the archives and found no answer to this, so...
> I've done a full install of Cygwin 1.1.8 from the internet onto my Win2k
> server.  I've setup the Cygwin telnetd to allow users to telnet into the
> machine to access files and such.  I've done the 'mkpasswd -d' and
> 'mkgroup -d' creating the files in the /etc/directory.
> The problem:
> When I telnet in and do an 'ls', I get the following error:
>
> ls: .: No such file or directory

Wired.  Could you send the output of the following commands, please?

	echo $CYGWIN
	getfacl .
	id
	ls -ldn .   <- From a local login

just to be able to see a bit more information.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.