* Re:xinetd...
@ 2001-08-09 19:50 Tom Dorgan
From: Tom Dorgan @ 2001-08-09 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

ok, so I got the sources for xinetd-2.3.0 from www.xinetd.org. ran into
some issues on the build (very standard -./configure, make, make
install). however, uint64_t, is undefined. I trace this to stdint.h and
a short thread from last year which indicates that it is not available.

however, on cygwin, the file /usr/include/mingw/stdint.h does exist. my
question is, do I use this or what? If I do, Im not sure where to add
an extra include path for the cygwin platform. I certainly dont want to
hack up the xinetd release package so Im asking for advice here.

thanks,
tom.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 06:28:00AM -0700, Tom Dorgan wrote:
> hello,
>
> I just finished upgrading a couple of linux boxes to RH 7.1 and found
> the new (to me) xinetd stuff. I was wondering if/how/when that will
> percolate into the cygwin release. Is there a process in place to do
> this at RedHat or is the cygwin stuff waiting for someone (hey, maybe
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> me) to do the port and submit it?
  ^^
  Yep! That's it. The Cygwin net distro is not an RH controlled thing
  (well, mostly) but a community effort.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin
Cygwin Developer

* Re: xinetd...
@ 2001-08-10  0:02 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2001-08-10  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 07:50:14PM -0700, Tom Dorgan wrote:
> ok, so I got the sources for xinetd-2.3.0 from www.xinetd.org. ran into
> some issues on the build (very standard -./configure, make, make
> install). however, uint64_t, is undefined. I trace this to stdint.h and
> a short thread from last year which indicates that it is not available.
>
> however, on cygwin, the file /usr/include/mingw/stdint.h does exist. my
> question is, do I use this or what? If I do, Im not sure where to add
> an extra include path for the cygwin platform. I certainly dont want to
> hack up the xinetd release package so Im asking for advice here.

But that's the whole thing when porting. You hack the release stuff so
that it contains OS specific changes for the new OS (here Cygwin) in
the least intrusive way possible. When finished, you contact the
maintainer of the package if s/he's willing to add the new OS specific
changes to the main trunk like it's mostly already done for Linux, BSD,
Solaris,... before.

Adding an include path is probably best to add to configure.in.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.