* FTP client using Open-SSL?
@ 2002-03-19 14:28 Soren Andersen
From: Soren Andersen @ 2002-03-19 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

Sorry if this is seen as OT by somebody. I am trying to create some
Website material relating to my experiences of building some packages
on Cygwin, and my space is available on ATTWorldnet which now requires
an FTP client to be using SSL sockets instead of clear. I am drawing a
blank looking for a good lightweight, preferably command-line client
application to connect that way. It seems to me that some readers of
this List know SOMETHING about this, given the concerns/interest about
privacy technologies that are so prevalent.

BTW, tunnelling ftp over SSH is a different thing, and I have no reason
to think ATTWN supports that.

TIA,
   Soren Andersen

* Re: FTP client using Open-SSL?
@ 2002-03-19 17:53 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2002-03-19 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Soren Andersen; +Cc: cygwin

Hallo Soren,

Am 2002-03-19 um 23:03 schriebst du:

> Sorry if this is seen as OT by somebody. I am trying to create some
> Website material relating to my experiences of building some packages
> on Cygwin, and my space is available on ATTWorldnet which now requires
> an FTP client to be using SSL sockets instead of clear. I am drawing a
> blank looking for a good lightweight, preferably command-line client
> application to connect that way. It seems to me that some readers of
> this List know SOMETHING about this, given the concerns/interest about
> privacy technologies that are so prevalent.

> BTW, tunnelling ftp over SSH is a different thing, and I have no reason
> to think ATTWN supports that.

I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for, but it sounds
interesting:
http://www.shaolinsecureftp.com/

And also very interesting, ssft:
http://support.jgaa.com/?cmd=ShowProduct&ID=518

Gerrit
--
=^..^=

* Re: FTP client using Open-SSL?
@ 2002-03-20  0:10 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2002-03-20  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 10:03:37PM +0000, Soren Andersen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this is seen as OT by somebody. I am trying to create some
> Website material relating to my experiences of building some packages
> on Cygwin, and my space is available on ATTWorldnet which now requires
> an FTP client to be using SSL sockets instead of clear. I am drawing a
> blank looking for a good lightweight, preferably command-line client
> application to connect that way. It seems to me that some readers of
> this List know SOMETHING about this, given the concerns/interest about
> privacy technologies that are so prevalent.

sftp?  It's part of the OpenSSH package.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.