* Shared Memory for cygwin
@ 2002-08-22 17:51 Husband, Thomas K
From: Husband, Thomas K @ 2002-08-22 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

To All,

I have a problem that I hope someone in this group can answer for me. I am
porting some software from a HPUX system to the cygwin environment. Does
anyone know if the Unix shared memory functions (shmget, shmat, ...) are
supported, or will be supported with future releases of cygwin ?

Thanks,
Tom Husband

* Re: Shared Memory for cygwin
@ 2002-08-23  7:59 ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 2002-08-23  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Tom,

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 04:54:30PM -0400, Husband, Thomas K wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Unix shared memory functions (shmget, shmat,
> ...) are supported,

Yes, see the cygipc package:

    http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/cygipc/index.html

> or will be supported with future releases of cygwin ?

Yes, search for cygserver:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=site%3Acygwin.com+cygserver

Jason