* Old problem: Socket handles duplicated twice after fork
@ 2002-08-23  9:47 Cristiano Lincoln Mattos
From: Cristiano Lincoln Mattos @ 2002-08-23  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

	I've been having a few problems with Cygwin and a perl
script that listens on a port and executes an external
program in response to the data read from a connection.  The
script can't close the connection socket after executing the
external program.. it only closes when the external prog closes. After
debugging it with the componen'ts author (POE - Rocco Caputo),
we think that the program that's being executed is somehow
getting a copy of the script's filehandle, mucking up perls
refcounting.

	I check around for this, and sure enough, there were reports
of this behaviou or cygwin, in posts from last may and june with
the subject "Socket handles duplicated twice after fork". A few
of them were:

	Since the thread didn't seem to reach a definitive conclusion
or sponsor a patch, i'd like to know if anyone else has had this
problem, or if there is by now a patch or workaround for it?  I'm
using CYGWIN_NT-5.0 1.3.12(0.54/3/2), Perl 5.6.1, Windows 2K Professional
SP2.

	Thanks !

Cristiano Lincoln Mattos

* Re: Old problem: Socket handles duplicated twice after fork
@ 2002-08-23 10:25 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2002-08-23 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 10:49:00AM -0300, Cristiano Lincoln Mattos wrote:
> 	I check around for this, and sure enough, there were reports
> of this behaviou or cygwin, in posts from last may and june with
> the subject "Socket handles duplicated twice after fork". A few
> of them were:
> [...]
> 	Since the thread didn't seem to reach a definitive conclusion
> or sponsor a patch, i'd like to know if anyone else has had this
> problem, or if there is by now a patch or workaround for it?  I'm
> using CYGWIN_NT-5.0 1.3.12(0.54/3/2), Perl 5.6.1, Windows 2K Professional
> SP2.

It's fixed since 2002-06-10.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.