* CYGWIN application & MSVC dll
       [not found] ` </prmd=National/o=notes/ou=Americas/s=Kauffman/g=Lior/"@MHS>
@ 2002-08-26  6:47   ` Lior Kauffman
                     ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Lior Kauffman @ 2002-08-26  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Lior Kauffman

Hi,

I would like to ask - is it possible to load and use a DLL compiled by MSVC from a CYGWIN application ?

Thanks in advance for any clue,

				Lior.

* CYGWIN I/O port functions
       [not found] ` </prmd=National/o=notes/ou=Americas/s=Kauffman/g=Lior/"@MHS>
@ 2002-08-26  6:51   ` Lior Kauffman
                     ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Lior Kauffman @ 2002-08-26  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Lior Kauffman

Hi Experts,

I would like to ask - what are the CYGWIN functions analogue to the LINUX I/O port functions - outb(y,x), inb(x) ?

Thanks in advance for any clue,

				Lior.

* Re: CYGWIN I/O port functions
       [not found] ` </prmd=National/o=notes/ou=Americas/s=Kauffman/g=Lior/"@MHS>
@ 2002-08-26  7:08   ` Corinna Vinschen
       [not found]   ` <298423D6A314F0F7*/c=US/admd=/prmd=National/o=notes/ou=Americas/s=Kauffman/g=Lior/"@MHS>
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2002-08-26  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 06:51:11AM -0700, Lior Kauffman wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> I would like to ask - what are the CYGWIN functions analogue to the LINUX I/O port functions - outb(y,x), inb(x) ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any clue,

Did you read the Linux man pages about inb and outb?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: CYGWIN application & MSVC dll
       [not found]   ` <298423D6A314F0F7*/c=US/admd=/prmd=National/o=notes/ou=Americas/s=Kauffman/g=Lior/"@MHS>
@ 2002-08-26  7:39     ` J. Tang
From: J. Tang @ 2002-08-26  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lior.Kauffman; +Cc: cygwin, Lior.Kauffman

>  Date: 26 Aug 2002 06:46:55 -0700
>  From: "Lior Kauffman" <Lior.Kauffman@nsc.com>
>  Cc: "Lior Kauffman" <Lior.Kauffman@nsc.com>
>
>  I would like to ask - is it possible to load and use a DLL compiled
>  by MSVC from a CYGWIN application ?

Yes; I am currently doing such using the dltools.

--
Jason Tang  /  tang@jtang.org  /  http://www.jtang.org/~tang

* Re: CYGWIN I/O port functions
       [not found] ` </prmd=National/o=notes/ou=Americas/s=Kauffman/g=Lior/"@MHS>
                     ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
       [not found]   ` <298423D6A314F0F7*/c=US/admd=/prmd=National/o=notes/ou=Americas/s=Kauffman/g=Lior/"@MHS>
@ 2002-08-26 23:50   ` Marcel Telka
       [not found]   ` <292623D6B0EAD04C*/c=US/admd=/prmd=National/o=notes/ou=Americas/s=Kauffman/g=Lior/"@MHS>
From: Marcel Telka @ 2002-08-26 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lior Kauffman; +Cc: cygwin

Napísané d&ncaron;a 26.08.2002 15:51:11 +0200, (autor: Lior Kauffman):

* Re: CYGWIN I/O port functions
@ 2002-08-27  0:20     ` Jacek Trzcinski
From: Jacek Trzcinski @ 2002-08-27  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Telka, Lior Kauffman; +Cc: cygwin

Dnia Wto 27. Sierpie&nacute; 2002 08:50, Marcel Telka napisa&lstrok;:
> Napísané d&ncaron;a 26.08.2002 15:51:11 +0200, (autor: Lior Kauffman):
> > Hi Experts,
> >
> > I would like to ask - what are the CYGWIN functions analogue to the LINUX
> > I/O port functions - outb(y,x), inb(x) ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any clue,
>
> Please see http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-07/msg01533.html
>
> Regards.
Hi !
As I know (maybe I 'm wrong) we avoid in Cygwin to utilize low level device
drivers. It is obvious that access to I/O ports require specjal Widows device
driver but seems to be relatively simple in use only under versions of NT
which do not require system rebooting after such driver installation (XP for
example).  From this reason I do not think it may be placed in Cygwin
distribution.

jacek

* Re: CYGWIN I/O port functions
@ 2002-08-27  0:34       ` Marcel Telka
From: Marcel Telka @ 2002-08-27  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jacek; +Cc: cygwin

Napísané d&ncaron;a 27.08.2002 09:18:54 +0200, (autor: Jacek Trzcinski):

@ 2002-08-27  5:51     ` J. Tang
From: J. Tang @ 2002-08-27  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>  Date: 26 Aug 2002 22:31:25 -0700
>  From: "Lior Kauffman" <Lior.Kauffman@nsc.com>
>  Cc: cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com>
>
>  is there are special guidelines for building the MSVC compiled DLL
>  (dlltool ?)

From Visual Studio, set the project type to be a relocable library
(DLL).  I ended up hand-editing its .def file to list the exportable
functions; for some reason __cdecl did not work for me.

>  how do I load the MSVC compiled DLL from the CYGWIN application (by
>  which command ?)

I used dlltools to load the DLL at runtime; see this older mailing list
post:

Now if you're referring to linking to the DLL at compile time, see
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html#DLL-LINK .  Note that I have not
personally done this yet; I have only built and used relocatable MSVC
DLLs.

I've also built and used relocatable Cygwin DLLs, but gave up after
this:  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-08/msg01002.html , with a
follow-up at http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-08/msg01046.html .

--

@ 2002-08-26 22:31 Lior Kauffman
From: Lior Kauffman @ 2002-08-26 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tang; +Cc: cygwin

Hi Jason Tang,

Thanks for your response !

I'm glad to hear that there is a way to use MSVC compiled DLL from CYGWIN
application.

I would like to ask -
      is there are special guidelines for building the MSVC compiled DLL
      (dlltool ?)
      how do I load the MSVC compiled DLL from the CYGWIN application (by
      which command ?)

Thanks for your advice,

                  Lior.

                      tang@jtang.org
                                               To:      Lior Kauffman/Americas/NSC@NSC
                      08/26/02 05:39           cc:      cygwin@cygwin.com@Internet, Lior Kauffman/Americas/NSC@NSC
                      PM                       Subject: Re: CYGWIN application & MSVC dll