* Non-blocking I/O
@ 2002-11-19  4:17 Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2002-11-19  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

How do I set-up non-blocking I/O with SIGIO or
SIGURG notifications under Cygwin?

The various Unices I know of use either F_SETFL+F_SETOWN
(BSD-ish), I_SETSIG (STREAMS-ish), FIOASYNC+SIOCSPGRP, or
FIOASYNC (but does this send signals?).  Does any
of these work with Cygwin or do I need another one?

Also, what kinds of file handlers will it work on?  Does it
work on sockets and tty's at least?

Thanks in advance,

Paolo Bonzini

* Re: Non-blocking I/O
@ 2002-11-19  5:13 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2002-11-19  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 12:52:44PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> How do I set-up non-blocking I/O with SIGIO or
> SIGURG notifications under Cygwin?

FIOASYNC

> Also, what kinds of file handlers will it work on?  Does it
> work on sockets and tty's at least?

With sockets only and only in a restricted way.  It's not well
supported by WinSock.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.