* Re: file missing when trying to use gcc
@ 2002-11-20 23:15 liquid
From: liquid @ 2002-11-20 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thank you, i just searched at cygwin.com/packages, downloaded the package n everything worked correctly. Thank you.

- Allan

* Re: file missing when trying to use gcc
@ 2002-11-21  0:12 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-11-21  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 11:25:08PM -0200, liquid wrote:
>Thank you, i just searched at cygwin.com/packages, downloaded the
>package n everything worked correctly.  Thank you.

We have to wonder why it didn't happen automatically for you, however.
Is there something you're not telling us, like maybe you just downloaded
what you thought you needed and either didn't use setup.exe or unselected
the parts that should have been automatically selected.

cgf

* Re: file missing when trying to use gcc
@ 2002-11-20 16:42 ` Randall R Schulz
From: Randall R Schulz @ 2002-11-20 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Allan,

We'll go you one better and show you how to find this out for yourself:

         <http://cygwin.com/packages/>

Here's a hint. To find binary executables include the ".exe" suffix. This
is especially helpful if the name for which you're searching is short and
might well appear as a substring in other file names included in some
Cygwin package.

Also note that the server that handles these look-ups is often rather slow
or burdened, so be patient when you query.

Good luck.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

P.S. I wish I could help you with your malfunctioning shift key, but you'll
have to fix that all on your own.

@ 2002-11-20 16:34 ` Max Bowsher
From: Max Bowsher @ 2002-11-20 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, liquid

liquid <liquid@matrix.com.br> wrote:

> hi,
> i'm having problems with gcc.
> every time i try to compile a program i get this error:
>
> liquid@LIQUID ~
> $ gcc -o x x.c
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory
>
> liquid@LIQUID ~
> $
>
> i've reinstalled it but the problem continues.
> i think there's a missing package or something like.
>
> please send me the solution to this problem
> or the name of the package who contains the
> `as' program. thank you.

http://cygwin.com/packages/
Search for "/as.exe"

Setup's dependency support should have prevented this, though.

Did you make a deliberate effort to minimize the packages you were
installing?

Max.

* file missing when trying to use gcc
@ 2002-11-20 16:28 liquid