* Header File package
@ 2003-01-13  3:30 DEEPA SIVASANKARANE
From: DEEPA SIVASANKARANE @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: cygwin

Hi,

 Could some one please point me to cygwin header files
package ? That creates /usr/include and /usr/include/sys
directories ?
 Where could I download it from ?

Thank you,
regards,
Deepa

* Re: Header File Package
@ 2003-01-13  3:30 ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DEEPA SIVASANKARANE; +Cc: cygwin

Deepa,

Hmmm, I thought you would have Cygwin installed.  If so, you should have
the Setup utility, which you can use to install the relevant package.
If not, install Cygwin by following the instructions on the main Cygwin
page <http://cygwin.com/> under "Install Cygwin Now".

However, to answer your question (for an unrelated .tar.bz2 file), be sure
you have the "tar" package installed.  You should be able to extract a
.tar.bz2 file by using "tar -xjf FILENAME" (and, incidentally, a .tar.gz
file by using "tar -xzf FILENAME").  But please don't extract Cygwin
packages using tar (unless you know exactly what you're doing); use the
Setup utility for that, as there's a lot going on behind the scenes during
installation.  Hope this helps.
	Igor

				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DEEPA SIVASANKARANE; +Cc: cygwin

From: DEEPA SIVASANKARANE @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Igor,

 thanx for the info.. How do you extract from a tar.bz2 file ?
Winzip does'nt recognize it..

thanx,
Deepa

>On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, DEEPA SIVASANKARANE wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>   Could some one please point me to cygwin header files
>> package ? That creates /usr/include and /usr/include/sys
>> directories ?
>>   Where could I download it from ?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> regards,
>> Deepa
>
>Hi,
>
>First of all, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com is not the
correct list for
>this kind of inquiry.  You might want to take a closer look
at
><http://cygwin.com/lists.html>...
>
>Secondly, to find out which package contains a particular
file or set of
>files, you can use the cygwin package search page,
><http://cygwin.com/packages/>.  Keep in mind that all paths
in packages
>are relative to "/", so you should search for "usr/include/"
and/or
>"usr/include/sys/".  Without knowing which particular files
in
>/usr/include interest you, it is impossible to narrow this
down further.

>Hope this helps.
>	Igor
>--
>				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
>      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
>ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_		igor@watson.ibm.com
>     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'		Igor Pechtchanski
>    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL	a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.
Meow!

>Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really
*big* RAMdisk!
>  -- /usr/games/fortune
>

>--
simple

* Re: Header File Package
@ 2003-01-13  3:30 lhall
From: lhall @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aj9035, cygwin

As with all Cygwin packages, you let setup.exe install them.  This is the
recommended approach.

Larry

 thanx for the info.. How do you extract from a tar.bz2 file ?
Winzip does'nt recognize it..

thanx,
Deepa

>On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, DEEPA SIVASANKARANE wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>   Could some one please point me to cygwin header files
>> package ? That creates /usr/include and /usr/include/sys
>> directories ?
>>   Where could I download it from ?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> regards,
>> Deepa
>
>Hi,
>
>First of all, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com is not the
correct list for
>this kind of inquiry.  You might want to take a closer look
at
><http://cygwin.com/lists.html>...
>
>Secondly, to find out which package contains a particular
file or set of
>files, you can use the cygwin package search page,
><http://cygwin.com/packages/>.  Keep in mind that all paths
in packages
>are relative to "/", so you should search for "usr/include/"
and/or
>"usr/include/sys/".  Without knowing which particular files
in
>/usr/include interest you, it is impossible to narrow this
down further.

>Hope this helps.
>	Igor
>--
>				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
>      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
>ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_		igor@watson.ibm.com
>     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'		Igor Pechtchanski
>    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL	a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.
Meow!

>Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really
*big* RAMdisk!
>  -- /usr/games/fortune
>

>--
simple

http://mail2web.com/ .

From: DEEPA SIVASANKARANE @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lhall; +Cc: cygwin

Thanx. Setup.exe installs directories like base-files,bas-
passwd, cygwin etc..

release/cygwin contains almost all header files, but not
stddef.h
Could somebody please tell me under which folder it would be ?

thanx,
Deepa

>As with all Cygwin packages, you let setup.exe install
them.  This is the
>recommended approach.
>
>Larry

simple