* tar.bz2
@ 2003-01-13  3:30 DEEPA SIVASANKARANE
From: DEEPA SIVASANKARANE @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

  could someone please tell me how to extract from a tar.bz2
format ?

thanx,
regards,
deepa

* Re: tar.bz2
@ 2003-01-13  3:30 ` Michael A Chase
From: Michael A Chase @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DEEPA SIVASANKARANE, David Robinow; +Cc: cygwin

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:49:16 -0500 David Robinow <Robinows@netscape.net> wrote:

> DEEPA SIVASANKARANE <aj9035@wayne.edu> wrote:
> >  could someone please tell me how to extract from a tar.bz2
> >format ?
> bzip2 --help
> tar --help
> info bzip2
> info tar

The problem with all those is that they bypass setup.exe which could
result in a corrupted installation and many more problems.

They would be appropriate if the original requester wasn't trying to
extract Cygwin packages.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

* RE: tar.bz2
@ 2003-01-13  3:30 lhall
From: lhall @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aj9035, cygwin

You're too impatient.  See

Larry

  could someone please tell me how to extract from a tar.bz2
format ?

thanx,
regards,
deepa

http://mail2web.com/ .

* RE: tar.bz2
@ 2003-01-13  3:30 David Robinow
From: David Robinow @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DEEPA SIVASANKARANE; +Cc: cygwin

DEEPA SIVASANKARANE <aj9035@wayne.edu> wrote:
>  could someone please tell me how to extract from a tar.bz2
>format ?
bzip2 --help
tar --help
info bzip2
info tar

* Re: tar.bz2
@ 2003-01-13  3:30 David Robinow
From: David Robinow @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Michael A Chase <mchase@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:49:16 -0500 David Robinow <Robinows@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>> DEEPA SIVASANKARANE <aj9035@wayne.edu> wrote:
>> >  could someone please tell me how to extract from a tar.bz2
>> >format ?
>> bzip2 --help
>> tar --help
>> info bzip2
>> info tar
>
>The problem with all those is that they bypass setup.exe which could
>result in a corrupted installation and many more problems.
>
>They would be appropriate if the original requester wasn't trying to
>extract Cygwin packages.
 The original poster gave no indication that he was trying to extract Cygwin packages.  See original post above.
(Yes, I am aware that he also posted to cygwin-apps under a different subject.  Larry Hall properly rerouted the thread and gave the correct answer.  I don't subscribe to cygwin-apps.  Apparently Michael does.)