* ^C => assertion failed in sigproc.cc
@ 2003-01-13  3:30 Lapo Luchini
From: Lapo Luchini @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CygWin

If I press ^C during a "make" or even a simple bash script I usually get
lots of (this is fairly 'new', never seen them before):

assertion "!wait_sig_inited" failed: file
"/netrel/src/cygwin-1.3.17-1/winsup/cygwin/sigproc.cc", line 538

I see also that "uname -a" says me its 1.3.17, strangely... I installed
1.3.18 yesterday and, as always, I closed services and programs before
doing it.

(Robert, is that 'patch' to avoid 'putting files into the reboot queue'
still in the CVS? can I compile myself a setup.exe that does have it? ^_^)

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)

* Re: ^C => assertion failed in sigproc.cc
@ 2003-01-13  3:30 ` Max Bowsher
From: Max Bowsher @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lapo Luchini wrote:
> If I press ^C during a "make" or even a simple bash script I usually
> get lots of (this is fairly 'new', never seen them before):
>
> assertion "!wait_sig_inited" failed: file
> "/netrel/src/cygwin-1.3.17-1/winsup/cygwin/sigproc.cc", line 538
>
> I see also that "uname -a" says me its 1.3.17, strangely... I
> installed
> 1.3.18 yesterday and, as always, I closed services and programs before
> doing it.
>
> (Robert, is that 'patch' to avoid 'putting files into the reboot
> queue' still in the CVS? can I compile myself a setup.exe that does
> have it? ^_^)

Current snapshot will respond to this command line option:
 -r --no-replaceonreboot  Disable replacing in-use files on next reboot.

NB this is a debug option. With it, setup will just fail to unpack the
relevant file. You may be better off inspecting the rename queue and
manually clearing it.

Max.

* Re: ^C => assertion failed in sigproc.cc
@ 2003-01-13  3:30   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-01-13  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 03:46:29PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>Lapo Luchini wrote:
>> If I press ^C during a "make" or even a simple bash script I usually
>> get lots of (this is fairly 'new', never seen them before):
>>
>> assertion "!wait_sig_inited" failed: file
>> "/netrel/src/cygwin-1.3.17-1/winsup/cygwin/sigproc.cc", line 538
>>
>> I see also that "uname -a" says me its 1.3.17, strangely... I
>> installed
>> 1.3.18 yesterday and, as always, I closed services and programs before
>> doing it.
>>
>> (Robert, is that 'patch' to avoid 'putting files into the reboot
>> queue' still in the CVS? can I compile myself a setup.exe that does
>> have it? ^_^)
>
>Current snapshot will respond to this command line option:
> -r --no-replaceonreboot  Disable replacing in-use files on next reboot.
>
>NB this is a debug option. With it, setup will just fail to unpack the
>relevant file. You may be better off inspecting the rename queue and
>manually clearing it.

Speaking of current snapshots, the above problem should be fixed in
cygwin DLL version of same.

cgf