* locale(1) not POSIX compliant (easy to fix, patch almost included)
@ 2011-05-02 16:33 Jens Schweikhardt
From: Jens Schweikhardt @ 2011-05-02 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hello, world\n

"locale -a" prints its output space padded, while POSIX specifies

<quote src="http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/locale.html">

If any arguments are specified:

    If the -a option is specified, the names of all the public locales
    shall be written, each in the following format:

    "%s\n", <locale name>

</quote>

There's a "%-15s" somewhere where a "%s" should be, it seems.

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/

* Re: locale(1) not POSIX compliant (easy to fix, patch almost included)
@ 2011-05-03 10:35 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2011-05-03 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On May  2 18:32, Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
> hello, world\n
>
> "locale -a" prints its output space padded, while POSIX specifies
>
> <quote src="http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/locale.html">
>
> If any arguments are specified:
>
>     If the -a option is specified, the names of all the public locales
>     shall be written, each in the following format:
>
>     "%s\n", <locale name>
>
> </quote>
>
> There's a "%-15s" somewhere where a "%s" should be, it seems.

Thanks for the report.  I fixed it in CVS.

Corinna

Red Hat