* getfacl seems to list wrong permissions for Group
@ 2012-08-20  3:20 L Anderson
From: L Anderson @ 2012-08-20  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

In directory /cygwin/bin of my cygwin installation,

$ ls -l  //yields:
[snip]
-rwxr-xr-x  1 lowella Administrators 73742 Nov 14 2010 zsyncmake.exe

and

$ ls -ln  //yields
[snip]
-rwxr-xr-x  1 1000  544  73742 Nov 14  2010 zsyncmake.exe

and

$ stat -c '%A %a %n' *  //yields:
[snip]
-rwxr-xr-x 755 zsyncmake.exe

all quite consistent and pretty much as expected.
NB: zsyncmake.exe is the last file listed from /bin.

However,

$ getfacl -a zsyncmake.exe  //yields:
# file: zsyncmake.exe
# owner: lowella
# group: Administrators
user::rwx
group::---
mask:rwx
other:r-x

Why does getfacl give "group::---" instead of "group::r-x" as
appears in the ls and stat listings?  Is this a bug in getfacl?
Incidentally, any file from /bin that gets 'getfacled' shows
the same problem.

Regards,

LA

* Re: getfacl seems to list wrong permissions for Group
@ 2012-09-02 10:54 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2012-09-02 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Aug 19 16:21, L Anderson wrote:
> In directory /cygwin/bin of my cygwin installation,
>
> $ ls -l  //yields:
> [snip]
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 lowella Administrators 73742 Nov 14 2010 zsyncmake.exe
>
> and
>
> $ ls -ln  //yields
> [snip]
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 1000  544  73742 Nov 14  2010 zsyncmake.exe
>
> and
>
> $ stat -c '%A %a %n' *  //yields:
> [snip]
> -rwxr-xr-x 755 zsyncmake.exe
>
> all quite consistent and pretty much as expected.
> NB: zsyncmake.exe is the last file listed from /bin.
>
> However,
>
> $ getfacl -a zsyncmake.exe  //yields:
> # file: zsyncmake.exe
> # owner: lowella
> # group: Administrators
> user::rwx
> group::---
> mask:rwx
> other:r-x
>
> Why does getfacl give "group::---" instead of "group::r-x" as
> appears in the ls and stat listings?  Is this a bug in getfacl?

No.  getfacl shows the ACL as is (from a POSIX perspective),
the stat/ls information shows the effective POSIX permissions
for the group which are a result of the facts that "Everyone" has
r-x permissions and that permissions on Windows are cumulative.

Corinna

Red Hat