* Re: Building a new package help
@ 2013-06-17 15:24 wynfield
From: wynfield @ 2013-06-17 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Larry,
  thanks.  Your advice, was on the spot and got me closer to making a succsessful build.  The other problem I found was that on cygwin, an additional header file called  "zconf.h" is required and has to be included along with the zlib.h file.  It builds now.

Thanks for your assistance.

Larry Hall (Cygwin) <............del email>

@ 2013-06-17 15:27 wynfield
From: wynfield @ 2013-06-17 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Larry,
  thanks.  Your advice, was on the spot and got me closer to making a succsessful build.  The other problem I found was that on cygwin, an additional header file called  "zconf.h" is required and has to be included along with the zlib.h file.  It builds now.

Thanks for your assistance.

Larry Hall (Cygwin) <.......delete e-mail addr...>

@ 2013-06-16  5:28 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2013-06-16  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 6/16/2013 12:38 AM, wynfield@gmail.com wrote:
> The last (I believe) problem is the linker can't find zlib to link to.
> Below is what Makefile outputs when the error occurs.

Do you have the zlib-devel package installed?  Does '-lz' occur in
the makefile and in the right order?  Remember, library dependencies
on Windows is linear.

--
Larry

A: Yes.
 > Q: Are you sure?
 >> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.

* Building a new package help
@ 2013-06-16  4:38 wynfield
From: wynfield @ 2013-06-16  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am trying to build an movgrab, a command line application  which can fetch video streams in various formats.

It was written for linux systems.  But, will almost build on cygwin.

The first problem i had was it needed to have /usr/include/sys/file.h  included in a couple of files.

The last (I believe) problem is the linker can't find zlib to link to.   Below is what Makefile outputs when the error occurs.

----------  make processing outputs the below

DataProcessing.o: In function `zlibProcessorClose':
/usr/src/movgrab/movgrab-1.2.1/libUseful-2.0/DataProcessing.c:839: undefined reference to `_inflateEnd'
/usr/src/movgrab/movgrab-1.2.1/libUseful-2.0/DataProcessing.c:840: undefined reference to `_deflateEnd'
DataProcessing.o: In function `zlibProcessorRead':

 ----
Any help or leads would be appreciated.
Thank you.