* subversion authentication broken in version 1.8, works with 1.7.10
@ 2013-07-02 15:01 Mikko Rapeli
From: Mikko Rapeli @ 2013-07-02 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

git svn error message is:

APR does not understand this error code: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://repo.invalid/svn/path': Error running context: The requested authentication type(s) are not supported at /usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line 2693

svn co error message is:

svn: E120191: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://repo.invalid/svn/path'
svn: E120191: Error running context: The requested authentication type(s) are not supported

As said, downgrading subversion packages to version 1.7.10 fixes the problem.

-Mikko

* Re: subversion authentication broken in version 1.8, works with 1.7.10
@ 2013-07-02 18:01 ` David Rothenberger
From: David Rothenberger @ 2013-07-02 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> svn co error message is:
>
> svn: E120191: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://repo.invalid/svn/path'
> svn: E120191: Error running context: The requested authentication type(s) are not supported
>
> As said, downgrading subversion packages to version 1.7.10 fixes the problem.

Do you know what kind of authentication mechanism the repository is
trying to use?

There have been some issues with 1.8 with certain kinds of
authentication (e.g., NTLM) due to the switch to serf as the HTTP library.

I suspect this is an upstream problem and not a Cygwin-specific problem.
Can you try this with a native Windows Subversion installation?

The life of a repo man is always intense.

* Re: subversion authentication broken in version 1.8, works with 1.7.10
@ 2013-07-03  7:41 ` Mikko Rapeli
From: Mikko Rapeli @ 2013-07-03  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

(Sorry, not subscribed so replying to my own message instead)

Yes, the problem is likely within svn itself, or the new serf http/s thingy.
Discussion on #svn mentioned issues::

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2013-06/0313.shtml
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2013-06/0413.shtml

These should be fixed in upcoming svn 1.8.1 and serf version 1.3.0.
There does not seem to be debug options in svn to get https details of the
failures.

But 1.7.10 works so I'll stick to that.

-Mikko