* RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: cygcheck-dep-1.0-1
@ 2013-11-09  4:11 Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]
From: Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] @ 2013-11-09  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Mikhail Usenko sent the following at Tuesday, November 05, 2013 3:55 AM
>Subject: New package - cygcheck-dep-1.0-1
>
>Version 1.0-1 of cygcheck-dep has been uploaded.
>
>cygcheck-dep is a bash script helping to show dependencies for installed
>Cygwin packages. It can be useful if you are trying some Cygwin's
>software and along the line you are installing and uninstalling some
>packages and want to keep your Cygwin's setup root directory clean of
>unused packages.

This is GREAT!  Thanks for putting it together.  I've cleaned out over
100M of cruft.

I'd be interested in getting a more detailed explanation of the
difference between -i and -I.  The best I can tell from experiment, one
can uninstall all packages listed in an island by -i.  But the listings
of -I cannot be uninstalled because package not in the list depend on
them.  If that is correct, how does one use the information given by -I?
What can one do with it?

Thanks again,

- Barry

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: cygcheck-dep-1.0-1
@ 2013-11-09 20:46 ` Mikhail Usenko
From: Mikhail Usenko @ 2013-11-09 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello Barry,

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 04:11:33 +0000
Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] <...> wrote:

> I'd be interested in getting a more detailed explanation of the
> difference between -i and -I.  The best I can tell from experiment, one
> can uninstall all packages listed in an island by -i.  But the listings
> of -I cannot be uninstalled because package not in the list depend on
> them.  If that is correct, how does one use the information given by -I?
> What can one do with it?

-I is merely for informational purposes. It shows all groups of packages with
circular dependencies (or perhaps all-to-all dependencies).
Every single package from such a group cannot be uninstalled individually,
but the whole group can be if no other packages require packages from the group.
-i shows these groups.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: cygcheck-dep-1.0-1
@ 2013-11-08 13:40       ` Mikhail Usenko
From: Mikhail Usenko @ 2013-11-08 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 13:24:58 +0000
Adam Dinwoodie <...> wrote:

> Although, http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

I am sorry!
This is a PCYMTNQREAIYR test.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: cygcheck-dep-1.0-1
@ 2013-11-08 13:25     ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2013-11-08 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 8 November 2013 12:30, Mikhail Usenko wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 11:51:24 +0000
> Adam Dinwoodie <snip> wrote:
>> Is this script intended to work for Cygwin packages installed using the
>> Cygwin installer but not from the main package repositories (ie from
>> Cygwin Ports)?  The script seems to be misbehaving for me with such
>> packages, but if it's not designed to work with them in the first place,
>> I won't bother compiling a detailed bug report.
>
> The script is designed to work with standard Cygwin distribution.
> I will see about adding support for the Cygwin ports collection.

Thank you!  Although, http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

Adam

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: cygcheck-dep-1.0-1
@ 2013-11-08 12:30   ` Mikhail Usenko
From: Mikhail Usenko @ 2013-11-08 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2013-11-08 11:52 ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2013-11-08 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2013-11-06  5:18 Mikhail Usenko
From: Mikhail Usenko @ 2013-11-06  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Subject: New package - cygcheck-dep-1.0-1

Version 1.0-1 of cygcheck-dep has been uploaded.

cygcheck-dep is a bash script helping to show dependencies
for installed Cygwin packages. It can be useful if you are
trying some Cygwin's software and along the line you are
installing and uninstalling some packages and want to keep
your Cygwin's setup root directory clean of unused packages.

 If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

 Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing
 that is available starting at this URL.