* fstab or temp mount -> HKLM mounts table?
       [not found] <8D0C4922C6E6910-F54-CE8@webmailstg-m05.sysops.aol.com>
@ 2013-12-11 19:29 ` G. Falveli
From: G. Falveli @ 2013-12-11 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

How can I add entries to the HKLM "mounts v2" table? I tried using
mount:

mount f: /vol/dosf

but it's only temporary, it doesn't get saved into the HKLM table.

I need to update the HKLM table because the cygwin NFS server only
seems to export directories that are there. E.g. if I export /vol/dosf
(which is not in the HKLM table) NFS clients see an empty dir, even
though on the NFS server /vol/dosf contains many things.

Also, **is this documented anywhere**? The manual talks on and on
about how the HKLM table gets read, but never about how to write it,
which is time silly, time-consuming and annoying. Or maybe I
misunderstood.

Thanks.

* Re: fstab or temp mount -> HKLM mounts table?
@ 2013-12-11 21:15   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-12-11 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 02:29:05PM -0500, G. Falveli wrote:
>How can I add entries to the HKLM "mounts v2" table? I tried using
>mount:

Mounts live either in memory (transitory) or in /etc/fstab (permanent).

We have not used the registry for mounts since Cygwin 1.5.

* Re: fstab or temp mount -> HKLM mounts table?
@ 2013-12-11 21:39   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2013-12-11 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin