* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: fzf v0.11.0
@ 2015-11-23 22:51 Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2015-11-23 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

fzf 0.11.0 has been uploaded and should be coming soon to a mirror near
you.  This update includes the following packages:

-   fzf
-   fzf-bash
-   fzf-bash-completion
-   fzf-zsh
-   fzf-zsh-completion
-   fzf-fish
-   fzf-vim

This is an update to the latest upstream release; the upstream changelog
for this release is copied below:

- Added OR operator for extended-search mode
- Added `--execute-multi` action
- Fixed incorrect cursor position when unicode wide characters are used in
  `--prompt`
- Fixes and improvements in shell extensions

Enjoy!

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: fzf v0.11.0
@ 2015-11-23 23:18 ` Keith Christian
From: Keith Christian @ 2015-11-23 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Adam Dinwoodie <adam@dinwoodie.org> wrote:
> fzf 0.11.0 has been uploaded and should be coming soon to a mirror near
> you.  This update includes the following packages:
>
> -   fzf
> -   fzf-bash
> -   fzf-bash-completion
> -   fzf-zsh
> -   fzf-zsh-completion
> -   fzf-fish
> -   fzf-vim
>
> This is an update to the latest upstream release; the upstream changelog
> for this release is copied below:
>
> - Added OR operator for extended-search mode
> - Added `--execute-multi` action
> - Fixed incorrect cursor position when unicode wide characters are used in
>   `--prompt`
> - Fixes and improvements in shell extensions
>
> Enjoy!
>
> --

Thanks, Adam.  Should we see this "$(__fzf_history__)" string at the
end of the command prompt after typing Ctrl-R and a partial previous
command?

Keith

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: fzf v0.11.0
@ 2015-11-24  0:09   ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2015-11-24  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 03:51:13PM -0700, Keith Christian wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Adam Dinwoodie <adam@dinwoodie.org> wrote:
> > fzf 0.11.0 has been uploaded and should be coming soon to a mirror near
> > you.
>
> Thanks, Adam.  Should we see this "$(__fzf_history__)" string at the
> end of the command prompt after typing Ctrl-R and a partial previous
> command?
>
> Keith

Assuming it only lasts briefly, yes -- fzf is loading the Bash history
to be able to offer fuzzy finding through it.

Sadly Cygwin doesn't have a Go compiler available, meaning the Cygwin
fzf package is using the much slower legacy Ruby version of fzf.  If and
when Cygwin gets a Go compiler, I can move to providing the Go-based
version of fzf, which is much faster, I expect to the point that the
__fzf_history__ mesage is never visible.