* ulimit system wide
@ 2016-06-02  8:32 Mario Barcala
From: Mario Barcala @ 2016-06-02  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi all:

Duplicity does not work inside cygwin default installation because it
needs more or equal than 1024 into max open files. If we run ulimit
-n, we get 256. If we run ulimit -n 1024, and then ulimit -n, we get
1024, and this way duplicity works fine from terminal.

But we want to launch duplicity from crontab and we don't know how to
change ulimit system wide to avoid duplicity failing from crontab.

Any hint about how to solve this problem?

Thank you,

  Mario Barcala

* Re: ulimit system wide
@ 2016-06-02 10:57 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-06-02 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jun  2 10:32, Mario Barcala wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Duplicity does not work inside cygwin default installation because it
> needs more or equal than 1024 into max open files. If we run ulimit
> -n, we get 256. If we run ulimit -n 1024, and then ulimit -n, we get
> 1024, and this way duplicity works fine from terminal.
>
> But we want to launch duplicity from crontab and we don't know how to
> change ulimit system wide to avoid duplicity failing from crontab.
>
> Any hint about how to solve this problem?

The ulimit value is more or less faked.  There's no systemwide limit at
all.  What about a script which sets the limit to 1024 prior to calling
duplicity?

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: ulimit system wide
@ 2016-06-02 16:37   ` Mario Barcala
From: Mario Barcala @ 2016-06-02 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Corina:

We have solved it developing two bash scripts: the first one set
ulimit and calls the second one which includes the duplicity call. I think
ulimit command must be included in a parent bash process.

Many thanks,

  Mario