* [ANNOUNCEMENT] mysql 10.1.26-1
@ 2017-09-03 21:49 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-09-03 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:

* mysql-10.1.26-1
* mysql-server-10.1.26-1
* mysql-bench-10.1.26-1
* mysql-common-10.1.26-1
* mysql-test-10.1.26-1
* libmysqlclient18-10.1.26-1
* libmysqlclient-devel-10.1.26-1
* libmysqld18-10.1.26-1
* libmysqld-devel-10.1.26-1
* mingw64-i686-mariadb-connector-c-2.3.3-1
* mingw64-x86_64-mariadb-connector-c-2.3.3-1

MariaDB turns data into structured information in a wide array of
applications. It is an enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. MariaDB is
used because it is fast, scalable and robust, with a rich ecosystem of
storage engines, plugins and many other tools make it very versatile for a
wide variety of use cases.

This is an update to the latest 10.1 release:

https://mariadb.com/kb/en/the-mariadb-library/mariadb-10126-release-notes/

--
Yaakov

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] mysql 10.1.26-1
@ 2017-09-10 19:16   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2017-09-10 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-09-10 12:03, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> This is an update to the latest 10.1 release:
>
> Is there any chance that readline support is going to make a comeback
> in mysql? I downloaded the src, changed the readline option in the
> cygport file to "-DWITH_READLINE=ON" (it was "OFF") and compiled my
> own mysql.exe so that I have access to the much-superior readline
> editing (I can't stand being without Ctrl+R searching, Ctrl+_ undo,
> etc, etc), but it would be nice if it was a default part of each
> release.
>
> Aside: it's too bad the cygport file doesn't seem to have a way to
> mention all the packages required for a build. I waded through the
> cmake output and installed all of the following (I already had things
> like gcc installed) -- hopefully this will help someone:
>
> cmake, openssl-devel, libncurses-devel, libpcre-devel,
> libgcrypt-devel, libiconv-devel, libxml2-devel, liblzo2-devel,
> liblzma-devel, liblz4-devel, libbz2-devel, bison, libreadline-devel

Add to or define DEPEND= - note singular - for build time dependencies

https://cygwinports.github.io/cygport/check_funcs_cygpart.html#robo906

some maintainers have so many packages and dependencies installed that it may be
hard for them to figure out what each package needs; it would be great if this
info was captured as a build-depends: line in each package's setup.ini entry.

Add to or define REQUIRES= - note plural - for run time dependencies

https://cygwinports.github.io/cygport/pkg_pkg_cygpart.html#robo443

cygport tries to figure these out, and the result is captured as a requires:
line in each package's setup.ini entry.

Note that if the cygport file defines PKG_NAMES= with more than one package,

https://cygwinports.github.io/cygport/pkg_pkg_cygpart.html#robo432

then each Cygwin package should have its own <pkg>_CONTENTS=, <pkg>_DEPEND=, and
<pkg>_REQUIRES= entries in the cygport file, or sometimes in a <pkg>.list file
in the CYGWIN-PATCHES directory.

You can submit cygport file patches on the cygwin-apps list, where discussions
on building packages normally occurs.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] mysql 10.1.26-1
       [not found] <59ac79b9.09f7540a.8a5f.17beSMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING@mx.google.com>
@ 2017-09-10 18:03 ` Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2017-09-10 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@cygwin.com> wrote:
> This is an update to the latest 10.1 release:

Is there any chance that readline support is going to make a comeback
in mysql? I downloaded the src, changed the readline option in the
cygport file to "-DWITH_READLINE=ON" (it was "OFF") and compiled my
own mysql.exe so that I have access to the much-superior readline
editing (I can't stand being without Ctrl+R searching, Ctrl+_ undo,
etc, etc), but it would be nice if it was a default part of each
release.

Aside: it's too bad the cygport file doesn't seem to have a way to
mention all the packages required for a build. I waded through the
cmake output and installed all of the following (I already had things
like gcc installed) -- hopefully this will help someone:

cmake, openssl-devel, libncurses-devel, libpcre-devel,
libgcrypt-devel, libiconv-devel, libxml2-devel, liblzo2-devel,
liblzma-devel, liblz4-devel, libbz2-devel, bison, libreadline-devel

..wayne..