* FAST_CWD pointer problem
@ 2017-11-16  4:19 Naidu, Srinivasu (Hardware design)
From: Naidu, Srinivasu (Hardware design) @ 2017-11-16  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Cygwin team,

I'm Sri, working for Hewlett Packard. We are using Quartus tool and installed latest version 13.1. When we are running NiosII eclipse , getting the below warning, any help is greatly appreciated.

0 [main] pwd 12724 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com>

Thanks in advance,
Sri,

* Re: FAST_CWD pointer problem
@ 2017-11-16  4:24 ` Eliot Moss
From: Eliot Moss @ 2017-11-16  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 11/15/2017 11:19 PM, Naidu, Srinivasu (Hardware design) wrote:
> Hi Cygwin team,
>
> I'm Sri, working for Hewlett Packard. We are using Quartus tool and installed latest version 13.1. When we are running NiosII eclipse , getting the below warning, any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> 0 [main] pwd 12724 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com>
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sri,

Dear Sri -- This pretty much invariably means that the tool is using a really old release of
Cygwin and should be updated to use a more recent one.  We are in the process of updating
the FAQ ot points this out more usefully.

Regards - Eliot Moss

* Re: FAST_CWD pointer problem
@ 2017-11-16  7:07   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2017-11-16  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-11-15 21:24, Eliot Moss wrote:
> On 11/15/2017 11:19 PM, Naidu, Srinivasu (Hardware design) wrote:
>> I'm Sri, working for Hewlett Packard. We are using Quartus tool and
>> installed latest version 13.1. When we are running NiosII eclipse , getting
>> the below warning, any help is greatly appreciated.
>> 0 [main] pwd 12724 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.
>> Please report this problem to the public mailing list
>> cygwin@cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com>

> This pretty much invariably means that the tool is using a really old release
> of Cygwin and should be updated to use a more recent one. We are in the
> process of updating the FAQ to point this out more usefully.
Quartus is an Altera/Intel PSG product - please contact them about issues on
their support site - see:
https://www.altera.com/bin/search?as_sitesearch=www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php&q=find_fast_cwd&client=www&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=www&sort=date:D:L:d1&ud=1&access=p&entqr=3&entsp=a&entqrm=0&wc=200&wc_mc=1

* Re: FAST_CWD pointer problem
@ 2017-11-16 10:03   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2017-11-16 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Nov 15 23:24, Eliot Moss wrote:
> On 11/15/2017 11:19 PM, Naidu, Srinivasu (Hardware design) wrote:
> > Hi Cygwin team,
> >
> > I'm Sri, working for Hewlett Packard. We are using Quartus tool and installed latest version 13.1. When we are running NiosII eclipse , getting the below warning, any help is greatly appreciated.
> >

> > 0 [main] pwd 12724 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
> > the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com>
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Sri,
>
> Dear Sri -- This pretty much invariably means that the tool is using a really old release of
> Cygwin and should be updated to use a more recent one.  We are in the process of updating
> the FAQ ot points this out more usefully.

It's up: https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: FAST_CWD pointer problem
@ 2017-07-02  9:56 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-07-02  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edgar47 reis, cygwin

On 02/07/2017 11:19, edgar47 reis wrote:
> Hello,

dear Edgar,
this is a public mailing list about cygwin project,
it is not a support helpdesk for third part software.
I am replying to you and to the mailing list as I presume
you are not subscribed to it.

Archives are here
  https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/

and you can subscribe at
https://cygwin.com/cygwin/lists.html

> I tried using your software, but this message appeared on my screen

Which software ? I suspect a third party software re-using a portion
of the cygwin project.

>  1 [main] john 4644 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
>
> Could you please help me to solve this problem ?

The usual solution is to update to last cygwin version,
as this issue was solved years ago.
You can looks on the archive for the long list of same answer
in the past.
If you are using a third party software you need to
inform them that they are using an obsolete version
and ask for un update.

> Best wishes,
> Edgar

In case you are really using a recent cygwin version,
please follow guideline at

and provide as attachment the cygcheck.out.

Best Regards
Marco

* FAST_CWD pointer problem
@ 2017-07-02  9:19 edgar47 reis