* please help me
@ 2019-02-19 13:33 Mesfin Amezene
From: Mesfin Amezene @ 2019-02-19 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I installed ns2.35 for windows 7 package i miss bashrc file and cygwin
desktop shortcut shows that couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer so please
show me how to solve this problem and where i get bashrc file

* Re: please help me
@ 2019-02-19 14:47 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2019-02-19 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mesfina0; +Cc: cygwin

>I installed ns2.35 for windows 7 package i miss bashrc file and cygwin
>desktop shortcut shows that couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer so please
>show me how to solve this problem and where i get bashrc file

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

* Re: please help me
@ 2004-09-20 18:07 ` Larry Hall
From: Larry Hall @ 2004-09-20 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: electa, cygwin

At 01:03 PM 9/20/2004, you wrote:
>If I try to retrieve again all my installed packets, using "download from
>internet" and the "reinstall" option, which marks all my packages with
>"retrieve", I get "An error occurred while
>downloading" (in the window the bar was near end, and the package name is
>"_update_info_dir...ecc")
>Setup tries to re-download all, and again the same error.
>
>How to solve it?

Try installing from your local directory.  That might work/avoid the problem.

Holliston, MA 01746

* please help me
@ 2004-09-20 17:13 electa
From: electa @ 2004-09-20 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

If I try to retrieve again all my installed packets, using "download from
internet" and the "reinstall" option, which marks all my packages with
"retrieve", I get "An error occurred while
downloading" (in the window the bar was near end, and the package name is
"_update_info_dir...ecc")
Setup tries to re-download all, and again the same error.

How to solve it?

* Re: Please Help me....
@ 2004-07-28  2:47 ` Carlo Florendo
From: Carlo Florendo @ 2004-07-28  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: utomo restu; +Cc: cygwin

utomo restu wrote:

>Dear All....
>
>I'm a newbe, now i want to use postgresql on windows,
>1. i install Cygwin on windows XP... after that
>2. i run the command " /usr/sbin/cygwin & "... and than

There is no command named cygwin.  You might have meant cygserver.

>3. i run the command " inittdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -W -E LATIN1", but
>   the output is ... inittdb failed, but directory pgsql no data
>i hope any one from all can help me.....
>thank a lot for help me..
>
>best regards
>
>Andhie

When posting for inquiries in this list, you should be more specific.
See http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Regarding you postgresql inquiry, see

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Carlo Florendo y Flora
Astra Philippines Inc.
www.astra.ph

* Please Help me....
@ 2004-07-27 17:57 utomo restu
From: utomo restu @ 2004-07-27 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Dear All....

I'm a newbe, now i want to use postgresql on windows,
1. i install Cygwin on windows XP... after that
2. i run the command " /usr/sbin/cygwin & "... and than
3. i run the command " inittdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -W -E LATIN1", but
   the output is ... inittdb failed, but directory pgsql no data
i hope any one from all can help me.....
thank a lot for help me..

best regards

Andhie

* Re: Please help me
@ 2003-03-05  4:48 ` Max Bowsher
From: Max Bowsher @ 2003-03-05  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua S. Abbott, cygwin

Joshua S. Abbott wrote:
> could some please create a rsa key pair and send it to me please....

That would rather defeat the point of security. You wouldn't ask someone
you've never met to choose a password for you, would you?

Max.

* Please help me
@ 2003-03-05  3:59 Joshua S. Abbott
From: Joshua S. Abbott @ 2003-03-05  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

could some please create a rsa key pair and send it to me please....
i'm having major trouble

Thanks

* Please help me
@ 2000-09-02 14:20 Seungyeop han
From: Seungyeop han @ 2000-09-02 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I succeeded in connecting from WINNT to server (Protocol 2,1) by using ssh  (Protocol 2,1) .

But I can't use scp.

I used this command. but it doesn't work.

scp c:\winnt\test.txt syhan@webdoc:/home/test

How can I fix this problem?

* Re: please help me
@ 2000-07-26  9:18 ` Tadeusz Liszka
From: Tadeusz Liszka @ 2000-07-26  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Soulblighter; +Cc: cygwin

Try ./a.exe (default PATH does not include current directory for security
reasons)

Your clock seems to be off - the mail came with tomorrow date on it.

Soulblighter wrote:

>   i installed cygwin for window98 successfully
> when i compile test.cc and i got a.exe
> $ a.exe and i got this message
> BASH.EXE: a.exe: command not found
> why can i run a.exe here.

Tadeusz
:: The public opinion should be alarmed by its own nonexistence
:: (512)467-0618 ext. 526 ::       Stanislaw J. Lec, trans. TJL

* Re: please help me
@ 2000-07-26  3:50 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-07-26  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Soulblighter; +Cc: cygwin

Soulblighter wrote:

>   i installed cygwin for window98 successfully
> when i compile test.cc and i got a.exe
> $ a.exe and i got this message
> BASH.EXE: a.exe: command not found
> why can i run a.exe here.

Please don't send messages more than once!

The answer to your question: The current directory isn't in bash's
search path for executables.

Start `a' by typing `./a'. You don't need to type the `.exe'.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer

* Re: please help me
@ 2000-07-26  3:48 ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2000-07-26  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Soulblighter

run ./a.exe
bash doesn't look in your current directory unless it is in your path.
Rob
>   i installed cygwin for window98 successfully
> when i compile test.cc and i got a.exe
> $ a.exe and i got this message
> BASH.EXE: a.exe: command not found
> why can i run a.exe here.