* Error message
@ 2019-03-02  5:35 Jack Messersmith
From: Jack Messersmith @ 2019-03-02  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi, I am trying to get astrotortilla to work. I see in the log file where I
have an error.

Maybe you can help me figure out what the problem is from the log file. If
you can help me great, if not please point me in the right direction to get
help. I can supply the jpg file I am using if needed. I did try this same
file on nova.astrometry.com and it worked.

The error message:

2019-03-01 21:21:31,723 - astrotortilla - INFO -       2 [main] bash 16960
find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report
this problem to

2019-03-01 21:21:31,832 - astrotortilla - INFO - the public mailing list
cygwin@cygwin.com

Thanks, Jack

* Re: Error message
@ 2019-03-02  6:01 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2019-03-02  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jack; +Cc: cygwin

>Hi, I am trying to get astrotortilla to work. I see in the log file where I
>have an error.

>Maybe you can help me figure out what the problem is from the log file. If
>you can help me great, if not please point me in the right direction to get
>help. I can supply the jpg file I am using if needed. I did try this same
>file on nova.astrometry.com and it worked.

>The error message:

>2019-03-01 21:21:31,723 - astrotortilla - INFO -       2 [main] bash 16960
>find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report
>this problem to

>2019-03-01 21:21:31,832 - astrotortilla - INFO - the public mailing list
>cygwin@cygwin.com

>Thanks, Jack

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

* Re: Error Message
@ 2020-09-23 21:19 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2020-09-23 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bncoward; +Cc: cygwin

>Receiving the following error message, [main} bash 8264 find_fast_cwd:warning: couldn't compute fast_cmd pointer
>Please report the problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com> not found Invalid or corrupt soceds install

>Thanks

>Bob N Coward
>Senior Information Systems Technologist
>Raytheon Technology Program Execution
>RI&S Digital Technology Program Execution

>+(601).469.8430   (office)
>bncoward@raytheon.com<mailto:bncoward@raytheon.com>

>19859 Hwy 80 East
>Forest, Ms, 39074

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

* Error Message
@ 2020-09-23 21:17 BOB COWARD
From: BOB COWARD @ 2020-09-23 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Receiving the following error message, [main} bash 8264 find_fast_cwd:warning: couldn't compute fast_cmd pointer
Please report the problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com> not found Invalid or corrupt soceds install

Thanks

Bob N Coward
Senior Information Systems Technologist
Raytheon Technology Program Execution
RI&S Digital Technology Program Execution

+(601).469.8430   (office)
bncoward@raytheon.com<mailto:bncoward@raytheon.com>

19859 Hwy 80 East
Forest, Ms, 39074

* Re: error message
@ 2017-09-18 12:21 ` Douglas Coup
From: Douglas Coup @ 2017-09-18 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Objective Systems, Inc.
REAL WORLD ASN.1 AND XML SOLUTIONS
Tel: +1 (484) 875-9841
Fax: +1 (484) 875-9830
Toll-free: (877) 307-6855 (USA only)
http://www.obj-sys.com

On 9/16/2017 4:54 PM, Richard Mestetsky wrote:
> After an upgrade to Windows 10, I got the following message:
>
>       1 [main] bash 9904 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
> FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

Assuming you're using Cygwin itself and not a third party application
that uses it, what is your Cygwin version?  I had this same problem
after upgrading to Windows 8 or 8.1; I can't remember which.  I upgraded
to the latest and greatest Cygwin, and the problem stopped happening.

* Re: error message
@ 2017-09-16 21:18 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-09-16 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, richmest

On 16/09/2017 22:54, Richard Mestetsky wrote:
> After an upgrade to Windows 10, I got the following message:
>
>        1 [main] bash 9904 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute
> FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

Hi Richard,

Are you using cygwin ?
Or just a third party program that includes a cywgin1.dll ?

In the first case please follow
   https://cygwin.com/problems.html
and provide cygcheck.out

In the second case, report it to the third party.
They should update the cygwin1.dll to a recent version.

Regards
Marco

* error message
@ 2017-09-16 20:54 Richard Mestetsky
From: Richard Mestetsky @ 2017-09-16 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

--
Best Wishes,
/Richard Mestetsky/

* Re: Error Message
@ 2016-07-12 21:13 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-07-12 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Phillies, cygwin

On 12/07/2016 22:53, George Phillies wrote:
> on activating cygdrive/c/Users/(me) by clicking on PGI workstation
>
> I received the error message
>
> 1 [main] bash 17992 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list
> cygwin@cygwin.com
>
> I have now reported it as requested.  I am a fortran number cruncher,
> not a computer jock, and have no idea what the message means.

Dear George,

we have no idea at all what the software you are using is.
However we know that the software is packing a VERY OLD version
of cygwin that is behind several years.

Ask whoever provided that software to upgrade to a more recent
version of cygwin or install by your self cygwin from the source:
https://www.cygwin.com/

Regards
Marco

* Error Message
@ 2016-07-12 20:53 George Phillies
From: George Phillies @ 2016-07-12 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2015-06-09  9:46 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2015-06-09  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hal Fountain; +Cc: cygwin

On 6/9/2015 11:37 AM, Hal Fountain wrote:
> I received this error WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.
> Please report this problem to the public mailing list
> cygwin@cygwin.com  after this     1 [main] sparse2img 7912
> find_fast_cwd:
> I received this error 4 times during the same process. ConvertHima.bat
> while trying to dump system.img I hope this information helps.
>
> Thank you,
> Sincerely, Hal Fountain

Dear Hal
Same answer as given last month to another guy:

Please report the solution to whom provided the "ConvertHima.bat"

Regards
Marco

* Error Message
@ 2015-06-09  9:37 Hal Fountain
From: Hal Fountain @ 2015-06-09  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2003-09-24 12:00 jurgen.defurne
From: jurgen.defurne @ 2003-09-24 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Well,

After running the same script 10 times in a row, I did
not get the message once and all processing was
OK. Probably one of these  puzzling things that
one gets on MS Windows.

Jurgen

jurgen.defurne+FromInterNet@philips.com
Sent by:
cygwin-owner@cygwin.com
09/24/2003 01:34 PM

        To:     cygwin@cygwin.com
        cc:     (bcc: Jurgen Defurne/BRG/CE/PHILIPS)
        Subject:        Error message
        Classification:

Hello, all,

After getting this message

        e:\continuus\mg98int\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** WFSO timed out for
loaded dlls

I searched your archives, only to find that other people have had
similar messages, but nobody really knows where they come from.

I suspect, seeing the contents of previous messages, that it has something
to do with forked processes.

Currently, I am running cygwin 1.5.5-1, with perl-5.8.0-1, and this is
where
the message pops up. I am now running the program several times
in a row to see if it affects the results, and to see if the message is
consistently appearing.

Regards,

Jurgen

* Error message
@ 2003-09-24 11:49 jurgen.defurne
From: jurgen.defurne @ 2003-09-24 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2003-01-20  7:58 ` Max Bowsher
From: Max Bowsher @ 2003-01-20  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Augy Thiel, cygwin

Augy Thiel wrote:
> I keep getting this error msg at random times (including whenever I
> click on the Cygwin desktop icon:
>
> The procedure entry point libintl_bindtextdomain could not be located
> in the dynamic link library cygintl-2.dll.
>

> Any idea as to what is the problem?

You have an out-of-date version of the libintl2 package installed.

Install the latest version (0.11.5-1).

Max.

* Error Message
@ 2003-01-20  4:44 Augy Thiel
From: Augy Thiel @ 2003-01-20  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I keep getting this error msg at random times (including whenever I click on the Cygwin desktop icon:

The procedure entry point libintl_bindtextdomain could not be located in the dynamic link library cygintl-2.dll.

Any idea as to what is the problem?

TIA
Augy Thiel