* Cygwin and stdexcept bug ?
       [not found] <CGME20191009091114eucas1p147c56151289433e66189371bb647eb89@eucas1p1.samsung.com>
@ 2019-10-09  9:11 ` Pavel Fedin
From: Pavel Fedin @ 2019-10-09  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

 Hello everyone!

 On Linux if a C++ application throws uncaught error, there's explanation given:
--- cut ---
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  Just throw up
Aborted
--- cut ---

 On 64-bit Cygwin the same code simply silently aborts, giving no hints. I've tried on 32 bits; everything seems to work. However i
haven't updated my 32-bit install for ages; may be something has changed.
 Is it a bug or feature?

 My test code is:
--- cut ---
#include <stdexcept>
#include <iostream>

int main(void)
{
  throw std::runtime_error("Just throw up");
  std::cout << "What ???\n";
  return 0;
}
--- cut ---

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Senior Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia

* Re: Cygwin and stdexcept bug ?
@ 2019-10-10 11:07   ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2019-10-10 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 12:11:13 +0300
"Pavel Fedin" wrote:
>  Hello everyone!
>
>  On Linux if a C++ application throws uncaught error, there's explanation given:
> --- cut ---
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>   what():  Just throw up
> Aborted
> --- cut ---
>
>  On 64-bit Cygwin the same code simply silently aborts, giving no hints. I've tried on 32 bits; everything seems to work. However i
> haven't updated my 32-bit install for ages; may be something has changed.
>  Is it a bug or feature?
>
>  My test code is:
> --- cut ---
> #include <stdexcept>
> #include <iostream>
>
> int main(void)
> {
>   throw std::runtime_error("Just throw up");
>   std::cout << "What ???\n";
>   return 0;
> }

I confirmed this problem is not a pseudo console related issue.
This occurs even with Cygwin 3.0.7 (x86_64).

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>