* ECONNABORTED and ECONNRESET on TCP socket using recv()
@ 2020-05-08  8:32 sten.kristian.ivarsson
From: sten.kristian.ivarsson @ 2020-05-08  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi all

Have anyone experienced getting ECONNABORTED and ECONNRESET on local TCP
socket when using recv() ?

We have a fairly complex application where it, amongst others, spawns child
processes (using posix_spawnp)

This is a simplified scenario

- parent performs socket() + bind() + listen() to localhost
- parent spawns a client-child process
  - client-child is doing socket() + connect() to localhost
  - client-child is doing send()
  - client-child is doing recv() and getting ECONNRESET

- parent performs accept()
- parent spawns a server-child process
  - server-child is doing recv() and getting ECONNABORTED

According to strace, both of these errors originates from
fhandler_socket_inet::recv_internal() (in my version it says line 1221)

Maybe there's some defect in our application (there's a lot of other fuzz
going on as well), but it works in several Linux-implementations but this
error is deterministically occurring using CYGWIN

I've searched mail archives but I cannot really find any explanation or
cause

Does anyone have any knowledge about this ?

Best regards
Kristian

p.s.
   strace -f works in the opposite way as in most Linux-implementation btw
(as far as I understand)
d.s.