* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 3.1.8
@ 2020-06-08 17:24 Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2020-06-08 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have uploaded mintty 3.1.8 with the following changes:

Terminal features
   * Handle new lines within OSC strings, ignore for image data (#1010).

Keyboard handling
   * Optional legacy Alt modifier fallback for AltGr key.

Window handling
   * Fixed crash with empty search pattern (#1011, ~#998).

Configuration
   * Changing default CheckVersionUpdate=0 to disable version checking
by default.
   * Option AltGrIsAlsoAlt.

The homepage is at http://mintty.github.io/
It also links to the issue tracker.

------
Thomas

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 3.1.8
@ 2020-06-09 11:15 ` Enrico Forestieri
From: Enrico Forestieri @ 2020-06-09 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 07:24:19PM +0200, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> I have uploaded mintty 3.1.8 with the following changes:
>
> Terminal features
>   * Handle new lines within OSC strings, ignore for image data (#1010).
>
> Keyboard handling
>   * Optional legacy Alt modifier fallback for AltGr key.

Many thanks for restoring this functionality!

--
Enrico

* RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 3.1.8
@ 2020-06-12 10:55 ` Fergus Daly
From: Fergus Daly @ 2020-06-12 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'; +Cc: towo, Fergus Daly

>> Glitch?
>> Again, sorry for non-replicable glitch - I'll keep trying - and sincere apols to Thomas Wolff if the glitch
>> resides elsewhere than mintty - but it would be good to get any similar accounts.

Reverted as far back as I could, actually to mintty 2.9.6
The glitch described, still occurs.
SORRY, Thomas.
Reverted instead to cygwin 3.1.4 from current 3.1.5.
Glitch disappears.
Will continue to seek replicable fault and explore whether this is a real phenomenon.
Fergus

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 3.1.8
@ 2020-06-12 10:36 Fergus Daly
From: Fergus Daly @ 2020-06-12 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'; +Cc: Fergus Daly, towo

Glitch?
Sorry: I acknowledge that this is maximally unhelpful through lacking a worked example,
but just in case it triggers a MeToo with others, that can be better described and/or is replicable.
I start Cygwin with mintty v.3.1.8.
I start an application (actually a stats package) at the mintty prompt.
From within the application, edit a library file by calling nano. Save file and exit nano.
Still from within the application, all subsequent uses of nano (any file) present a corrupted file,
starting with line j, followed by j blank lines then line j+1.
(j alters from time to time, round about 15-20.)
Press PgDn to get past the blanks, then press PgUp to start of file: this works
(i.e. recovers the complete file for editing) with the minor glitch that line j is still printed
(but inaccessible) at start-of-file - like some kind of title banner.
Conceivably this has revealed a hitherto concealed mis-match between the application and/or nano
- but this phenomenon started immediately after a couple of mintty updates ago, and the same procedure
Of editing-within-the-application works entirely glitch-free within bash, and within xterm.