* Issue in starting the CYGSSHD service
@ 2020-08-17 16:37 Subramanya Narayanaswamy
From: Subramanya Narayanaswamy @ 2020-08-17 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Team,

Has anyone faced the same issue I'm facing now ? After installation of CYGWIN I tried to run command to start cygsshd in CYGWIN terminal with Admin privalages and facing the below error. Any help would be great thanks!!

Subramanya

--
http://www.oracle.com/
Subramanya Narayanswamy, Staff Consultant, Infrastructure

Oracle India

* Re: Issue in starting the CYGSSHD service
@ 2020-08-17 18:43 ` Bill Stewart
From: Bill Stewart @ 2020-08-17 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 10:37 AM Subramanya Narayanaswamy via Cygwin wrote:

Has anyone faced the same issue I'm facing now ? After installation of
> CYGWIN I tried to run command to start cygsshd in CYGWIN terminal with
> Admin privalages and facing the below error. Any help would be great thanks!

Judging from the lack of responses, I would guess that not many are running
into the problem you're having, which is apparently caused by a
configuration problem in your specific cygwin installation.

I would suggest installing a cygwin instance on a different machine and
setting it up per the docs.

Once that's working, compare the configuration files between the one that's
not working and the one that is working.

Bill

* Re: Issue in starting the CYGSSHD service
@ 2020-08-18 16:51 ` Stephen Carrier
From: Stephen Carrier @ 2020-08-18 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Subramanya Narayanaswamy; +Cc: cygwin

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 09:37:20AM -0700, Subramanya Narayanaswamy via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi Team,
>

> Has anyone faced the same issue I'm facing now ? After installation of CYGWIN I tried to run command to start cygsshd in CYGWIN terminal with Admin privalages and facing the below error. Any help would be great thanks!!

My mail program isn't showing me any error message.  Did you include
it in your message?  Also, the exact command you used to start cygsshd,
the one that generated the message, should be included as well.

Stephen