* Help with emacs and VC++
@ 2020-09-11 17:35 Andrea Venturoli
From: Andrea Venturoli @ 2020-09-11 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello.

I've got a project where I'm using Cygwin's emacs + GNU Make + VC++.
For some reason, it seems CL.exe colorizes or decorates its output and
Emacs does not understand this, so what I get is a lot of control codes
(e.g. things like "^[[?25l  Creatin^[[?25h^[[?25l") which make the
output very hard to read.

I looked into cl.exe to suppress this, but found no way; is there any
tweak/addon/whatever I can use on Emacs side?

  bye & Thanks
     av.

* Re: Help with emacs and VC++
@ 2020-09-11 17:40 ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2020-09-11 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 19:35:21 +0200
Andrea Venturoli via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've got a project where I'm using Cygwin's emacs + GNU Make + VC++.
> For some reason, it seems CL.exe colorizes or decorates its output and
> Emacs does not understand this, so what I get is a lot of control codes
> (e.g. things like "^[[?25l  Creatin^[[?25h^[[?25l") which make the
> output very hard to read.
>
> I looked into cl.exe to suppress this, but found no way; is there any
> tweak/addon/whatever I can use on Emacs side?

Could you please try the latest snapshot?
https://cygwin.com/snapshots/

This problem should be fixed.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

* Re: Help with emacs and VC++
@ 2020-09-16 15:58   ` Andrea Venturoli
From: Andrea Venturoli @ 2020-09-16 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano, cygwin

On 2020-09-11 19:40, Takashi Yano wrote:

> Could you please try the latest snapshot?
> https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>
> This problem should be fixed.

Thanks.

Looks like this is solved.

However, I'm getting several messages like:
"shared_info::initialize: size of shared memory region changed from
46008 to 49080".
Are these harmful?

I just downloaded cygwin1.dll and replaced the old one.
Should I have done something else?

  bye & Thanks
	av.

* Re: Help with emacs and VC++
@ 2020-09-16 23:42     ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2020-09-16 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 17:58:13 +0200
Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> On 2020-09-11 19:40, Takashi Yano wrote:
>
> > Could you please try the latest snapshot?
> > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
> >
> > This problem should be fixed.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Looks like this is solved.
>
> However, I'm getting several messages like:
> "shared_info::initialize: size of shared memory region changed from
> 46008 to 49080".
> Are these harmful?

Probably, some processes which loaded old cygwin1.dll
still alive.

> I just downloaded cygwin1.dll and replaced the old one.
> Should I have done something else?

The easiest way is rebooting your system.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>