* Config error
@ 2023-07-20 18:47 Mary Pleas
From: Mary Pleas @ 2023-07-20 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ITS Help Desk; +Cc: cygwin

I am trying to configure the cntlm for GIT on my machine using the following instructions:

Configure

1.       Open a Command Prompt as Administrator.

a.       Type cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\cntlm" and hit <enter>

b.       Type notepad cntlm.ini and hit <enter> to modify the configuration file.

                                                               i.      Change the "Username" entry from testuser to your <username>

                                                             ii.      Change the "Domain" entry from corp-uk to MAIL

                                                           iii.      Change the "Password" entry from "password" to <blank>

                                                           iv.      There are two "Proxy" entries.

1.       In the first change 10.0.0.41:8080 to 172.16.0.13:8080

2.       Delete the second entry.

                                                             v.      Save, but leave the cntlm.ini file open and move to the next step.

c.       Type cntlm -c cntlm.ini -I -M http://google.ro and hit <enter>

                                                               i.      Type your network password when prompted and hit <enter>

                                                             ii.      Copy the entire line with (PassNTLMv2) in it.

d.       Paste the text copied in "c." to the cntlm.ini file below the following line:

                                                               i.      # PassNTLMv2      D5826E9C665C37C80B53397D5C07BBCB

e.       Save and Close the cntlm.ini file.
When I press enter at the end of this line, cntlm -c cntlm.ini -I -M http://google.ro, it returns the following error.

4 [main] cntlm 5768 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com>

Can you help? I am following the instructions from https://intranet.madonna.local/teams/commandinfotech/its/ha/Shared%20Documents/VSTS_Install.docx.

Mary Pleas
SQL Server Database Warehouse Developer
Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals
402.413.4471
mpleas@madonna.org<mailto:mpleas@madonna.org>
Madonna.org<http://www.madonna.org/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/Madonnarehab>
Confidential: This email and any files transmitted with it are private, confidential and solely for the use of the designated recipient(s). It may contain material that is legally privileged. If you are not the designated recipient, be advised that any use of it is strictly prohibited. If you received the email in error, please notify the sender by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your email system.

* Re: Config error
@ 2023-07-20 18:49 ` cygwinautoreply
From: cygwinautoreply @ 2023-07-20 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mpleas; +Cc: cygwin