* pulseaudio borked
@ 2023-09-01  7:37 Leonid Mironov
From: Leonid Mironov @ 2023-09-01  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwincygwin.com

After the latest upgrade of mpg123 and mpg123-pulse from 1.25.10 to
1.31.3 and pulseaudio from 11.1 to 16.1 pulseaudio output in mpg123
became unusable - stuttering and stopping all the time with no
significant CPU load. Downgrading mpg123 without downgrading pulseaudio
didn't resolve this issue, so it looks like pulse is to blame. It is an
HP 840 G6 notebook with realtek sound chip and windows 10.

I should add that I started using pulse because with default settings
mpg123 reacted to keyboard commands after a huge delay and Takashi Yano
suggested using pulseaudio, which worked fine. I tried the default
device (output_win32.dll) again, and it works fine now, so for me
resolving this issue has no practical merit, still, not nice.

* Re: pulseaudio borked
@ 2023-09-01 12:28 ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2023-09-01 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Leonid Mironov

On Fri, 1 Sep 2023 09:37:03 +0200
Leonid Mironov wrote:
> After the latest upgrade of mpg123 and mpg123-pulse from 1.25.10 to
> 1.31.3 and pulseaudio from 11.1 to 16.1 pulseaudio output in mpg123
> became unusable - stuttering and stopping all the time with no
> significant CPU load. Downgrading mpg123 without downgrading pulseaudio
> didn't resolve this issue, so it looks like pulse is to blame. It is an
> HP 840 G6 notebook with realtek sound chip and windows 10.
>
> I should add that I started using pulse because with default settings
> mpg123 reacted to keyboard commands after a huge delay and Takashi Yano
> suggested using pulseaudio, which worked fine. I tried the default
> device (output_win32.dll) again, and it works fine now, so for me
> resolving this issue has no practical merit, still, not nice.

Thanks for the report. In my PC for developement, the issue
is not reproducible. However, I found one of my note pc can
preroduce that.

I will fix that and release pulseaudio 16.1-2 shortly.
Please test.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>