* Re: [hatari-devel] compilation failing for cygwin on cirrus CI
       [not found] ` <20230916075352.74507b32@fedora>
@ 2023-09-16 14:18   ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2023-09-16 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hatari-devel; +Cc: cygwin

On Sat, 16 Sep 2023 05:53:52 +0000
Thomas Huth wrote:
> Am Fri, 15 Sep 2023 15:00:37 +0200
> schrieb Nicolas Pomarède:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > somewhere around libSDL2_2.0_0 went from 2.0.7-1 to 2.28.2-1 and since
> > then the compilation is failing for the cigwin version :
> >
> > https://cirrus-ci.com/github/hatari/hatari
> >
> > -- Configuring done
> > CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:179 (target_link_libraries):
> >    Target "hatari" links to:
> >      SDL2::SDL2
> >    but the target was not found.  Possible reasons include:
> >      * There is a typo in the target name.
> >      * A find_package call is missing for an IMPORTED target.
> >      * An ALIAS target is missing.
> >
> > I guess some files need to be updated to help cmake finding the library ?
>
>  Hi,
>
> honestly, I don't have a clue what could have gone wrong here. The library
> configuration now comes from the SDL2Config.cmake file that should be part
> of the SDL2 package, i.e. the library is *not* located by Hatari anymore.
> So if that fails now on cygwin, this smells like a bug in the SDL2 package
> there to me. And since I don't have a Cygwin installation at hand, I have
> also no means to debug this. Is there anybody else here on the list who
> has a Cygwin installation and could have a look?

Thanks for the report. I looked into this problem and found the cause.
I will release new SDL2 package where the issue has been fixed.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

* Re: [hatari-devel] compilation failing for cygwin on cirrus CI
@ 2023-09-22 18:51     ` Thomas Huth
From: Thomas Huth @ 2023-09-22 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Yano; +Cc: hatari-devel, cygwin

Am Sat, 16 Sep 2023 23:18:36 +0900
schrieb Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>:
> Thanks for the report. I looked into this problem and found the cause.
> I will release new SDL2 package where the issue has been fixed.

Thank you very much for the quick fix! The Hatari CI pipeline is now
working fine again:

 https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4529574676004864

 Thomas

* Re: [hatari-devel] compilation failing for cygwin on cirrus CI
@ 2023-09-23 13:05       ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2023-09-23 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Thomas Huth, hatari-devel

On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 20:51:49 +0200
Thomas Huth wrote:
> Am Sat, 16 Sep 2023 23:18:36 +0900
> schrieb Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>:
> > Thanks for the report. I looked into this problem and found the cause.
> > I will release new SDL2 package where the issue has been fixed.
>
> Thank you very much for the quick fix! The Hatari CI pipeline is now
> working fine again:
>
>  https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4529574676004864

Thanks for testing!

--