* python-requests update request
@ 2023-11-06 14:58 Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2023-11-06 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Marco,

python-requests is currently at v2.27.1, and the latest upstream release
is v2.31.0.  I'm chasing down a long requirement chain as part of trying
to update Cygwin's OfflineIMAP package to run against Python 3, and one
of those requirements wants python-requests to be at least v2.30.0.

I've updated the cygport file for python-requests to compile v2.31.0.
The patch files required some updates to account for changes in the
upstream code, but none of the changes seemed actually significant.
Could you have a look and see if you can upload a new version of
python-requests?

My updated cygport file and patch files are available at
https://github.com/cygporter/python-requests/tree/2.31.0.

Cheers,

Adam

* Re: python-requests update request
@ 2023-11-12 14:35 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-11-12 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/11/2023 14:58, Adam Dinwoodie via Cygwin wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> python-requests is currently at v2.27.1, and the latest upstream release
> is v2.31.0.  I'm chasing down a long requirement chain as part of trying
> to update Cygwin's OfflineIMAP package to run against Python 3, and one
> of those requirements wants python-requests to be at least v2.30.0.
>
> I've updated the cygport file for python-requests to compile v2.31.0.
> The patch files required some updates to account for changes in the
> upstream code, but none of the changes seemed actually significant.
> Could you have a look and see if you can upload a new version of
> python-requests?
>
> My updated cygport file and patch files are available at
> https://github.com/cygporter/python-requests/tree/2.31.0.

Since Marco isn't available right now, I did a NMU based on this.

Thanks.

* Re: python-requests update request
@ 2023-11-12 18:16   ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2023-11-12 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 02:35:38PM +0000, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 06/11/2023 14:58, Adam Dinwoodie via Cygwin wrote:
> > Hi Marco,
> >
> > python-requests is currently at v2.27.1, and the latest upstream release
> > is v2.31.0.  I'm chasing down a long requirement chain as part of trying
> > to update Cygwin's OfflineIMAP package to run against Python 3, and one
> > of those requirements wants python-requests to be at least v2.30.0.
> >
> > I've updated the cygport file for python-requests to compile v2.31.0.
> > The patch files required some updates to account for changes in the
> > upstream code, but none of the changes seemed actually significant.
> > Could you have a look and see if you can upload a new version of
> > python-requests?
> >
> > My updated cygport file and patch files are available at
> > https://github.com/cygporter/python-requests/tree/2.31.0.
>
> Since Marco isn't available right now, I did a NMU based on this.

Magic, thank you!