* de1 problem
@ 2018-03-22 15:53 Raissa SHEMA
From: Raissa SHEMA @ 2018-03-22 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

  3 [main] bash 1360 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
pointer.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
Compilation stopped.

* Re: de1 problem
@ 2018-03-22 16:59 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2018-03-22 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raissa SHEMA, cygwin

Greetings, Raissa SHEMA!

>   3 [main] bash 1360 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
> Compilation stopped.

Please update your Cygwin, this issue was resolved over a decade ago.

For details, see http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...

* Re: de1 problem
@ 2018-03-23 13:56   ` Raissa SHEMA
From: Raissa SHEMA @ 2018-03-23 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

thank you for your help.

i have updated my cygwin but i get the same mistake... ( Cygwin DLL 2.10.0
<https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2018-02/msg00002.html>) fyi i am on
windows 10 x64.

 2 [main] bash 11680 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD

@ 2018-03-23 16:43     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-03-23 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, raissa.shema

On 23/03/2018 13:59, Raissa SHEMA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thank you for your help.
>
> i have updated my cygwin but i get the same mistake... ( Cygwin DLL 2.10.0
> <https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2018-02/msg00002.html>) fyi i am on
> windows 10 x64.
>

>   2 [main] bash 11680 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin cygwin.com

Is the warning coming from a cygwin program installed from setup ?
If so please provide as attachement the cygcheck.out as requested on:

and clarify wich program is causing the warning.

If instead the warning is coming from a third party program,
probably you have another cygwin1.dll embedded in that program.
That cygwin1.dll is probably older than the one in your cygwin installation

Regards
Marco

* Re: de1 problem
@ 2018-03-24  1:21     ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2018-03-24  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2018-03-23 06:59, Raissa SHEMA wrote:
>>>   3 [main] bash 1360 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
>>> pointer.  Please report this problem to
>>> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
>>> Compilation stopped.
>>
>> Please update your Cygwin, this issue was resolved over a decade ago.
>>
>> For details, see http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_
>> fast_cwd-warnings
> i have updated my cygwin but i get the same mistake... ( Cygwin DLL 2.10.0
> <https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2018-02/msg00002.html>) fyi i am on
> windows 10 x64.
>
>  2 [main] bash 11680 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

The warning changed in later releases, so you have not updated the Cygwin
release that product is running.
Please contact the project or vendor which provides the product for a release
with an updated Cygwin, or instructions on how to update the outdated release.