* tmux conf commands don't work in Cygwin tmux
@ 2016-10-24 22:03 Tony Cappellini
From: Tony Cappellini @ 2016-10-24 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I'm using the following version of Cygwin on Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 <system name> 2.6.0(0.304/5/3) 2016-08-31 14:32 x86_64 Cygwin

I've got a minimal .tmux.conf file that I use on OSX & Linux. this
conf file works great on OSX,
as mouse support works as desired.

My .tmux.conf file is as follows

# Enables mouse scroll, mouse copy, mouse resize, mouse select
set-option -g mouse on

#scrollback buffer is very small by default, make it bigger
set -g history-limit 25000

set -g default-terminal "screen-256color"

# START NUMBERING WINDOWS AT 1 INSTEAD OF 0
set -g base-index 1

When I copied that file to my home directory in Cygwin,
I was surprised and disappointed that the same config commands don't
work, even though
I'm using the same version of tmux under Cygwin (tmux 2.2)

When I comment our the each line, tmux under Cygwin complains about
the next line.
I have re-sourced the conf file after each edit.

Would someone shed some light on this incompatibility with tmux under Cygwin?

Thanks

Tony

* Re: tmux conf commands don't work in Cygwin tmux
@ 2016-10-24 23:54 ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2016-10-24 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 10/24/2016 04:07 PM, Tony Cappellini wrote:
> When I comment our the each line, tmux under Cygwin complains about
> the next line.

Any chance you mistakenly inserted carriage returns into the file?  Does
running it through d2u clear up the problems?

* re: tmux conf commands don't work in Cygwin tmux
@ 2016-10-26 14:13 Tony Cappellini
From: Tony Cappellini @ 2016-10-26 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Tony Cappellini <cappy2112@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>Any chance you mistakenly inserted carriage returns into the file?  Does
> >>running it through d2u clear up the problems?

 Yes, that did the trick. The error messages are now gone.Mouse
 clicking panes actually works now too. Need to remember to setup my
 editor for Cygwin.

 But selecting text in one pane, makes that text show up in the other
 pane, as I'm moving the mouse down the screen and selecting it.

  This isn't good.

 Thank you!