* Problem - Possibly Cygwin
@ 2019-01-25 13:24 Mitch Rosefelt
From: Mitch Rosefelt @ 2019-01-25 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi All:
I've run into a problem in which cygwin is part of the error message.
I don't know that cygwin is part of the problem, but I'm having great difficulty figuring this out, so I'm posting it here with the hope that someone will know the fix.
Thanks much.
=============================

After installing react-devtools <https://github.com/facebook/react-devtools/tree/master/packages/react-devtools> into my Node JS environment, I am no longer able to run expo-cli.
Everything was working fine until I did that. I’m now getting the error below.
In addition to not being able to run expo, my Powershell permissions were also changed to "restricted" (fixed). I even restored my registry to the previous day in an effort to fix this.
I have uninstalled/reinstalled node and yarn.

The error indicates Cygwin, which I don't have installed on my computer (does not show up in a registry search), however, searching my computer, I see that Cygwin was installed with Git:C:\Program Files\Git\usr\share\cygwin
C:\Program Files\Git\usr\bin\cygwin-console-helper.exe
C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\bin\lldb\lib\distutils\cygwinccompiler.py
C:\Program Files\Git\usr\lib\perlS\core_per|\File\Spec\cygwin.pm
C:\Program Files\Git\usr\share\cygwin\cygwin.ldif
C:\Program Files\Git\usr\share\tern1info\63\cygwin
C:\Program Files\Git\usr\lib\terminf0\63\cygwin

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Windows 10
npm: 6.6.0
node: v10.15.0
yarn: v1.13.0

ERROR
expo start --android
At C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Yarn\bin\expo.ps1:5 char:13
+     *CYGWIN*) basedir=`cygpath -w "$basedir"`;;
+             ~
Unexpected token ')' in expression or statement.
At C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Yarn\bin\expo.ps1:8 char:3
+ if [ -x "$basedir/pwsh" ]; then
+   ~
Missing '(' after 'if' in if statement.
At C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Yarn\bin\expo.ps1:8 char:5
+ if [ -x "$basedir/pwsh" ]; then
+     ~
Missing type name after '['.
At C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Yarn\bin\expo.ps1:9 char:20
+ ... edir/pwsh" "$basedir/../Data/global/node_modules/.bin/expo.ps1" "$@" ...
+
Unexpected token '"$basedir/../Data/global/node_modules/.bin/expo.ps1"' in expression or statement.
At C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Yarn\bin\expo.ps1:9 char:73
+ ... edir/pwsh" "$basedir/../Data/global/node_modules/.bin/expo.ps1" "$@"
+
Unexpected token '"$@"' in expression or statement.
     + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParseException
     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

* Re: Problem - Possibly Cygwin
@ 2019-01-25 13:29 ` Marco Atzeri
       [not found]   ` <cce9f22e-9ad7-e72e-bd94-ad86e0e94d7e@gmail.com>
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2019-01-25 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, pixeldroid

Am 25.01.2019 um 14:24 schrieb Mitch Rosefelt:
> Hi All:
> I've run into a problem in which cygwin is part of the error message.
> I don't know that cygwin is part of the problem, but I'm having great
> difficulty figuring this out, so I'm posting it here with the hope that
> someone will know the fix.
> Thanks much.
> =============================
>
> After installing react-devtools
> <https://github.com/facebook/react-devtools/tree/master/packages/react-devtools>
> into my Node JS environment, I am no longer able to run expo-cli.
> Everything was working fine until I did that. I’m now getting the error
> below.
> In addition to not being able to run expo, my Powershell permissions
> were also changed to "restricted" (fixed). I even restored my registry
> to the previous day in an effort to fix this.
> I have uninstalled/reinstalled node and yarn.
>
> The error indicates Cygwin, which I don't have installed on my computer
> (does not show up in a registry search), however, searching my computer,
> I see that Cygwin was installed with Git:C:\Program
> Files\Git\usr\share\cygwin
> C:\Program Files\Git\usr\bin\cygwin-console-helper.exe
> C:\Program Files\Android\Android
> Studio\bin\lldb\lib\distutils\cygwinccompiler.py
> C:\Program Files\Git\usr\lib\perlS\core_per|\File\Spec\cygwin.pm
> C:\Program Files\Git\usr\share\cygwin\cygwin.ldif
> C:\Program Files\Git\usr\share\tern1info\63\cygwin
> C:\Program Files\Git\usr\lib\terminf0\63\cygwin
>

> Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

have you tried with a clean PATH for every application ?

---

* Re: Problem - Possibly Cygwin
@ 2019-01-25 16:39   ` cyg Simple
       [not found]   ` <cce9f22e-9ad7-e72e-bd94-ad86e0e94d7e@gmail.com>
From: cyg Simple @ 2019-01-25 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, pixeldroid

On 1/25/2019 8:29 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Am 25.01.2019 um 14:24 schrieb Mitch Rosefelt:
>> Hi All:
>> I've run into a problem in which cygwin is part of the error message.
>> I don't know that cygwin is part of the problem, but I'm having great
>> difficulty figuring this out, so I'm posting it here with the hope
>> that someone will know the fix.
>> Thanks much.
>> =============================
>>
>> After installing react-devtools
>> <https://github.com/facebook/react-devtools/tree/master/packages/react-devtools>
>> into my Node JS environment, I am no longer able to run expo-cli.
>> Everything was working fine until I did that. I’m now getting the
>> error below.
>> In addition to not being able to run expo, my Powershell permissions
>> were also changed to "restricted" (fixed). I even restored my registry
>> to the previous day in an effort to fix this.
>> I have uninstalled/reinstalled node and yarn.
>>
>> The error indicates Cygwin, which I don't have installed on my
>> computer (does not show up in a registry search), however, searching
>> my computer, I see that Cygwin was installed with Git:C:\Program
>> Files\Git\usr\share\cygwin
>> C:\Program Files\Git\usr\bin\cygwin-console-helper.exe
>> C:\Program Files\Android\Android
>> Studio\bin\lldb\lib\distutils\cygwinccompiler.py
>> C:\Program Files\Git\usr\lib\perlS\core_per|\File\Spec\cygwin.pm
>> C:\Program Files\Git\usr\share\cygwin\cygwin.ldif
>> C:\Program Files\Git\usr\share\tern1info\63\cygwin
>> C:\Program Files\Git\usr\lib\terminf0\63\cygwin
>>

>> Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> have you tried with a clean PATH for every application ?

I don't think that will help. The expo.ps1 is using a shell expression
and the interpreter isn't liking the syntax.  It's trying to determine
if Cygwin is installed and if it is get a Windows path for the basedir
variable.  It chokes on the ')' in the structure of the comparison. That
error doesn't indicate Cygwin is installed or found.  You'll have to ask
the expo vendor.

--
cyg Simple

* Re: Problem - Possibly Cygwin
       [not found]   ` <cce9f22e-9ad7-e72e-bd94-ad86e0e94d7e@gmail.com>
@ 2019-01-25 18:28     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2019-01-25 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mitch Rosefelt, cygwin

back in the cygwin ML

Am 25.01.2019 um 17:39 schrieb Mitch Rosefelt:
> Hi Marco:
> Thanks for taking a look at this.
>
> Are you referring to my Environmental Vars?
 > They look pretty clean. No mention of cygwin.

No. As you seem to have multiple programs
that are using different cygwin1.dll, if you have
those directories on the PATH they could interfere
with each other.

Try every application with clean PATH
that does not include the other applications.

> I was able to get expo (Mobile App Dev Tool) working by adding a local
> install into my nodeJS project and calling it from there.
> I noticed a difference in the local script vs the script in the global
> install. The local script calls "node" where the global script calls
> "pwsh" (which produces the error):
>
> Call in local repo \LactFacts\lactfact_190118\node_modules\.bin\expo:
> #!/bin/sh
> basedir=$(dirname "$(echo "$0" |sed -e 's,\\,/,g')")
> case`uname`in
> *CYGWIN*) basedir=`cygpath -w "$basedir"`;;
> esac
> if[ -x"$basedir/node"];then
> "$basedir/node""$basedir/../expo-cli/bin/expo.js""$@"
> ret=$?
> else
> node "$basedir/../expo-cli/bin/expo.js""$@"
> ret=$?
> fi
> exit$ret
>
> Call to global install C:\Users\Mitch\AppData\Local\Yarn\bin\expo.ps1
> #!/bin/sh
> basedir=$(dirname "$(echo "$0" |sed -e 's,\\,/,g')")
> case `uname`in
> *CYGWIN*) basedir=`cygpath -w "$basedir"`;;
> esac
> if[ -x"$basedir/pwsh"]; then
> "$basedir/pwsh""$basedir/../Data/global/node_modules/.bin/expo.ps1""$@"
> ret=$?
> else
> pwsh "$basedir/../Data/global/node_modules/.bin/expo.ps1""$@"
> ret=$?
> fi
> exit$ret
>
> So it appears that PowerShell is choking on the script:
> At C:\Users\Mitch\AppData\Local\Yarn\bin\expo.ps1:5 char:13
> + *CYGWIN*) basedir=`cygpath -w "$basedir"`;;
> + ~
> Unexpected token ')'inexpression or statement.

as it is a Bash script, I am not surprised,
and "cygpath" is a cygwin utility that provides
path information relative to its own cygwin1.dll

---