* i encountered this error while running the tool john the ripper on my laptop
@ 2018-05-04  6:06 Nitishreddy Nani
From: Nitishreddy Nani @ 2018-05-04  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

  1 [main] john 10212 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
pointer.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

please help me solving this

* Re: i encountered this error while running the tool john the ripper on my laptop
@ 2018-05-04  6:18 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2018-05-04  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Nitishreddy Nani

On 2018-05-04 00:06, Nitishreddy Nani wrote:
> 1 [main] john 10212 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list
> cygwin@cygwin.com
> please help me solving this

This is just a warning to please upgrade Cygwin as explained at:

	https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

and please report the issue to whoever distributes the software that installed
the old Cygwin version.