* cy
@ 2018-03-23 15:15 Timmons Nick
From: Timmons Nick @ 2018-03-23 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I get this warning when installing moteworks software. Consequently work does not compile.

0 [main] bash 564 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com .

This year we are trying to run the moteworks software on windows 10 machines, it ran OK on Wimdows 7 last year.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Dr.Nick Timmons

Principal Investigator | WiSAR lab
Lecturer | School of Engineering

Letterkenny Institute of Technology
Port Road
Letterkenny
F92 FC93

t: +353 74 9186441
m: +353 86 8722445
w: www.lyit.ie

* Re: cy
@ 2018-03-23 16:38 ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2018-03-23 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Nick.Timmons

On 23/03/18 14:49, Timmons Nick wrote:

> I get this warning when installing moteworks software. Consequently work does not compile.
>
> 0 [main] bash 564 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com .
>
> This year we are trying to run the moteworks software on windows 10 machines, it ran OK on Wimdows 7 last year.

It looks as though MoteWorks uses Cygwin under the bonnet. The version
of Cygwin used is probably quite old and needs updating to work with
modern versions of Windows.

See: https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

You will need a version of MoteWorks containing a newer version of
Cygwin; I suggest you contact the supplier of MoteWorks (Memsic?) for help.

Dave.