* Command 'net user' outputs error message if PKA is used
@ 2023-11-27  8:51 tk
From: tk @ 2023-11-27  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

We have observed that the command 'NET USER' issues en error message and doesn't display the computer name, even if it completes the command successfully:

User accounts for \\
Administrator            user1                 user2

The command completed with one or more errors.

The same command works successfully if password authentication is used:

User accounts for \\COMPUTER

Administrator            user1                 user2

The command completed successfully.

Any idea why this is happening ?

Kind regards

* Re: Command 'net user' outputs error message if PKA is used
@ 2023-11-27  9:25 ` Shaddy Baddah
From: Shaddy Baddah @ 2023-11-27  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

On 27/11/2023 7:51 pm, tk--- via Cygwin wrote:
> Any idea why this is happening ?

I suspect the reason is related to this long standing understanding of
Cygwin:

https://sourceware.org/legacy-ml/cygwin/2004-09/msg00087.html

--
Hope that helps,