* cygcheck-dep and _obsolete packages
@ 2018-02-28 21:57 Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-02-28 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Mikhail,

as latest setup skips the installation of _obsolete packages
can you adjust the behaviour of cygcheck-dep to ignore
the false warning ?

/usr/bin/cygcheck-dep: WARNING: broken dependencies:
/usr/bin/cygcheck-dep:   installed package 'cygwin/xorg-server-devel'
/usr/bin/cygcheck-dep:   depends on the following required packages that are
/usr/bin/cygcheck-dep:   not installed; these dependencies will be discarded
/usr/bin/cygcheck-dep: ( fontsproto inputproto kbproto presentproto
randrproto renderproto resourceproto scrnsaverproto xextproto
xf86bigfontproto xineramaproto xproto )

Thanks in advance
Marco

* Re: cygcheck-dep and _obsolete packages
@ 2018-03-15 23:30 ` Mikhail Usenko via cygwin
From: Mikhail Usenko via cygwin @ 2018-03-15 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 22:57:05 +0100
Marco Atzeri <...> wrote:

> Hi Mikhail,
>
> as latest setup skips the installation of _obsolete packages
> can you adjust the behaviour of cygcheck-dep to ignore
> the false warning ?
>
> /usr/bin/cygcheck-dep: WARNING: broken dependencies:
> /usr/bin/cygcheck-dep:   installed package 'cygwin/xorg-server-devel'
> /usr/bin/cygcheck-dep:   depends on the following required packages that are
> /usr/bin/cygcheck-dep:   not installed; these dependencies will be discarded
> /usr/bin/cygcheck-dep: ( fontsproto inputproto kbproto presentproto
> randrproto renderproto resourceproto scrnsaverproto xextproto
> xf86bigfontproto xineramaproto xproto )

Hello, Marco
I will change the script (along with dropping cygwinports support).
At present cygcheck-dep prints out exactly what setup.ini claims about
what the package is requiring, and as per I have understood, now setup.exe
does not install requisites from the _obsolete category, using instead
the packages by which they are obsoleted.

* Re: cygcheck-dep and _obsolete packages
@ 2018-03-15 23:46   ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2018-03-15 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15/03/2018 18:21, Mikhail Usenko via cygwin wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 22:57:05 +0100
> Marco Atzeri <...> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mikhail,
>>
>> as latest setup skips the installation of _obsolete packages
>> can you adjust the behaviour of cygcheck-dep to ignore
>> the false warning ?
>>
>> /usr/bin/cygcheck-dep: WARNING: broken dependencies:
>> /usr/bin/cygcheck-dep:   installed package 'cygwin/xorg-server-devel'
>> /usr/bin/cygcheck-dep:   depends on the following required packages that are
>> /usr/bin/cygcheck-dep:   not installed; these dependencies will be discarded
>> /usr/bin/cygcheck-dep: ( fontsproto inputproto kbproto presentproto
>> randrproto renderproto resourceproto scrnsaverproto xextproto
>> xf86bigfontproto xineramaproto xproto )
>>

> Hello, Marco
> I will change the script (along with dropping cygwinports support).
> At present cygcheck-dep prints out exactly what setup.ini claims about
> what the package is requiring, and as per I have understood, now setup.exe
> does not install requisites from the _obsolete category, using instead
> the packages by which they are obsoleted.

Just to be clear, the category is irrelevant here, it's the fact that
xorgproto obsoletes these packages that is significant.

* Re: cygcheck-dep and _obsolete packages
@ 2018-03-16  9:35     ` Mikhail Usenko via cygwin
From: Mikhail Usenko via cygwin @ 2018-03-16  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 23:40:55 +0000
Jon Turney <...> wrote:

> Just to be clear, the category is irrelevant here, it's the fact that
> xorgproto obsoletes these packages that is significant.

OK.