* Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-03-27 13:24 Wayne Barron
From: Wayne Barron @ 2017-03-27 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello All;

I installed Cygwin for Windows last week, and have it up and ready. (I believe)
My questions are the following.

How to get Liquidsoap installed using Cygwin? (For Windows)
Any links or information will be greatly appreciated.

I am wanting to run the Liquidsoap with either Shoutcast or Icecast servers.

Thank you
Wayne

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-03-27 15:44 ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2017-03-27 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> How to get Liquidsoap installed using Cygwin?

You should start at https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi to see if
someone has already packaged it for Cygwin.

If no one has, then you can either build and install it yourself, or try to
convince someone else to do it.  Since you're the one who wants it, you're
most likely to get it done by doing it yourself.  If you succeed,
considering offering it as a new package (https://cygwin.com/setup.html).

Andrew

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-03-27 16:45   ` Wayne Barron
From: Wayne Barron @ 2017-03-27 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hey, Andrew.
I did a search on the site, and nothing came up with it.
So, it looks like I will be on my own.

I love new challenges, so I will probably look in on it a little more
throughout the week.

@ 2017-03-27 16:52     ` Wayne Barron
       [not found]       ` <A87C0B28-A211-4D48-9873-87C47EA20359@solidrocksystems.com>
From: Wayne Barron @ 2017-03-27 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

OK, I found out that I needed to get cygport
http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/media/liquidsoap/
I downloaded the file and looked it over.
I will try to install it later on, today, and see if I can get it to,
at least. Install.

@ 2017-03-27 16:58     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-03-27 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-03-27 11:35, Wayne Barron wrote:
> I did a search on the site, and nothing came up with it.
> So, it looks like I will be on my own.

They may be out of date, but look for liquidsoap and the various ocaml-*
dependencies in Ports-extras git:

https://github.com/cygwinports-extras/

> I love new challenges, so I will probably look in on it a little more
> throughout the week.

Unfortunately, our OCaml stack is a bit broken in places at the moment,
so that may cause some problems.

--
Yaakov

@ 2017-03-27 17:00         ` Vince Rice
From: Vince Rice @ 2017-03-27 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Excellent. But please don't https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU here. (And please watch the https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMNTNQREAIY as well, even when it's your own.)

@ 2017-03-27 17:22       ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2017-03-27 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-03-27 11:44, Wayne Barron wrote:
> OK, I found out that I needed to get cygport
> http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/media/liquidsoap/

SVN?  That's ancient.  Use the github link I mentioned elsewhere in this
thread.

--
Yaakov

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-03-28  0:20           ` Duncan Roe
From: Duncan Roe @ 2017-03-28  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 11:58:23AM -0500, Vince Rice wrote:

> >> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Wayne Barron wrote:
> >> Hey, Andrew.
> >> I did a search on the site, and nothing came up with it.
> >> So, it looks like I will be on my own.
> >>
> >> I love new challenges, so I will probably look in on it a little more
> >> throughout the week.
> >>
> > On Mar 27, 2017, at 11:44 AM, Wayne Barron wrote:
> >
> > OK, I found out that I needed to get cygport
> > http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/media/liquidsoap/
> > I downloaded the file and looked it over.
> > I will try to install it later on, today, and see if I can get it to,
> > at least. Install.
>
> Excellent. But please don't https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU here. (And please watch the https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMNTNQREAIY as well, even when it's your own.)

Should be: https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

Hey - is anyone still maintaining / updating that list? Here's a suggestion:

PTUIYEBHS

Please Test URLs In Your Emails Before Hitting Send

Cheers ... Duncan.

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-03-28  1:20             ` Wayne Barron
From: Wayne Barron @ 2017-03-28  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thanks, Yaakov.
I downloaded the .zip file.
I will take a look at it later on during the week.

Have a good one.
Wayne

@ 2017-03-28 13:11             ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2017-03-28 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Hey - is anyone still maintaining / updating that list? Here's a suggestion:
>
> PTUIYEBHS
>
> Please Test URLs In Your Emails Before Hitting Send

Yep. https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTUIYEBHS

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-04-09 21:15               ` Wayne Barron
From: Wayne Barron @ 2017-04-09 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

OK, Guys.
Here is the LiquidSoap.
https://github.com/cygwinports-extras/liquidsoap

Could someone please point me in the right direction on using Cygport
to install this?

Thanks all;

@ 2017-04-10 16:18                 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2017-04-10 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-04-09 15:14, Wayne Barron wrote:
> OK, Guys.
> Here is the LiquidSoap.
> https://github.com/cygwinports-extras/liquidsoap
>
> Could someone please point me in the right direction on using
> Cygport to install this?

Install Cygwin package cygport, clone the liquidsoap repo or
download the tarball and untar, into a source directory e.g.
/usr/src/liquidsoap, cd there, run:
	cygport liquidsoap.cygport all
-- it's really that easy.
Command all does not really upload and announce the package
unless you set it up as a Cygwin maintainer.

Help for cygport is available using:
	cygstart /usr/share/doc/cygport/html/manual/index.html

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-04-10 21:03                   ` Wayne Barron
From: Wayne Barron @ 2017-04-10 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian.Inglis, cygwin

Thanks Brian.

>download the tarball and untar, into a source directory
What is the command to download and untar?

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-04-10 21:44                     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-04-10 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 10/04/2017 23:03, Wayne Barron wrote:
> Thanks Brian.
>
>> download the tarball and untar, into a source directory
> What is the command to download and untar?

what about using "cygport --help"  ?

see also "/usr/share/doc/cygport/README"

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-04-10 22:02                       ` Wayne Barron
From: Wayne Barron @ 2017-04-10 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hey Marco.
I did the Help, then I looked into the README file.
And I found the command that I needed.
cygport liquidsoap/liquidsoap.cygport download

I get this error when i run it.

/usr/bin/cygport: line 404: cd: liquidsoap: No such file or directory
*** ERROR: liquidsoap.cygport not found.

I know I have missed a step.

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-04-10 23:08                         ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2017-04-10 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2017-04-10 16:01, Wayne Barron wrote:
> I did the Help, then I looked into the README file.
> And I found the command that I needed.
> cygport liquidsoap/liquidsoap.cygport download
> I get this error when i run it.
> /usr/bin/cygport: line 404: cd: liquidsoap: No such file or directory
> *** ERROR: liquidsoap.cygport not found.
> I know I have missed a step.

mkdir -p /usr/src/liquidsoap	OR ~/src/liquidsoap	OR ...
cd /usr/src/liquidsoap		OR	""
git clone https://github.com/cygwinports-extras/liquidsoap .
cygport liquidsoap.cygport all

cygport creates a tree of directories for each version built

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-04-11  4:51                           ` Wayne Barron
From: Wayne Barron @ 2017-04-11  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian.Inglis, cygwin

Thanks, Brian.

I tried your code, and it did not work.
machinename /usr/src/liquidsoap
$ git clone https://github.com/cygwinports-extras/liquidsoap
-bash: git: command not found

So, I installed GIT from the CygWin Repository.
And I ran the command again.
This time it installed.

$ git clone https://github.com/cygwinports-extras/liquidsoap
Cloning into 'liquidsoap'...
remote: Counting objects: 64, done.
remote: Total 64 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 64
Unpacking objects: 100% (64/64), done.
Checking connectivity... done.

I then ran the last line of code.
cygport liquidsoap.cygport all

And I received this error.

@ 2017-04-11  5:12                             ` Wayne Barron
From: Wayne Barron @ 2017-04-11  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian.Inglis, cygwin

I checked the Directory for
>usr\src\liquidsoap
And it is empty

So, I did a search and I found it here.
>home\carrzstudio\liquidsoap

I ran the code, and i get this error.
> *** ERROR: ocaml is required to build this package

I opened the installer, and found it in the repository.
I installed it, and ran the command again.

*** ERROR: Cannot find source package liquidsoap-1.2.1-full.tar.gz

I downloaded it from here.
https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap/releases
Put it in the Folder, and ran the command again.

=-=-=-=-
$ cygport liquidsoap.cygport all
>>> Preparing liquidsoap-1.2.1-1.x86_64
>>> Unpacking source liquidsoap-1.2.1-full.tar.gz

*** Info: applying patch 1.2.1-lastfm-fixes.patch:
patching file ocaml-lastfm-0.3.1/configure.ac
patching file ocaml-lastfm-0.3.1/src/lastfm.ml
*** Info: applying patch 1.2.1-taglib-fixes.patch:
patching file ocaml-taglib-0.3.2/configure.ac
*** Info: applying patch 1.2.1-packages-missing.patch:
patching file PACKAGES.default
*** Info: applying patch 1.2.1-packages-distro.patch:
patching file PACKAGES.default
>>> Preparing working source directory

=-=-=-=-

I get this error.
> *** ERROR: ocaml-findlib is required to build this package
Found in the Repository, and installed it.
Ran the command again.
After what looked to be a successful build, I start seeing ERROR's pop up.

>configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub Users failed
>make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/carrzstudio/liquidsoap/liquidsoap-1.2.1-1.x86_64/build/ocaml-cry-0.4.1'
>make: *** [Makefile:11: all] Error 1
>*** ERROR: make failed

So, this is where I am at, right now.
All-in-All.
I have to say that I have learned a lot, and we are almost there.

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-04-11  5:22                               ` Wayne Barron
From: Wayne Barron @ 2017-04-11  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian.Inglis, cygwin

I found this as well.
>checking build system type... Invalid configuration `Users': machine `Users' not recognized
>configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub Users failed
>make[1]: Entering directory '/home/carrzstudio/liquidsoap/liquidsoap-1.2.1-1.x86_64/build/ocaml-cry-0.4.1'
>make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/carrzstudio/liquidsoap/liquidsoap-1.2.1-1.x86_64/build/ocaml-cry-0.4.1'
>make: *** [Makefile:11: all] Error 1
>*** ERROR: make failed

I did some research on the first error.
>configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub Users failed
And read that I needed to install: libool
Found 2 in the Repository
cygwin32-libtool
libtool-debuginfo

I installed both, but still received the same errors.

* Re: Cygwin - Install Liquidsoap for Shoutcast or Icecast
@ 2017-04-11 15:55                                 ` Wayne Barron
From: Wayne Barron @ 2017-04-11 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian.Inglis, cygwin

I get a warning, that I totally looked over yesterday.
I went into the Repository, and installed all items with the name of OCAML
However, that did not seem to do anything, as all these items are
still missing and need to be installed.

>>> Preparing working source directory
*** Warning: Some build dependencies are not installed.
*** Warning: This package may end up missing features, or not build at all.
*** Warning: Consider installing these packages first before continuing:
*** Warning:     ocaml(ao) ocaml(camlimages) ocaml(camomile)
ocaml(cry) ocaml(dtools) ocaml(duppy) ocaml(faad) ocaml(flac)
ocaml(gavl) ocaml(gd) ocaml(gstreamer) ocaml(ladspa) ocaml(lame)
ocaml(lastfm) ocaml(lo) ocaml(mad) ocaml(magic) ocaml(mm) ocaml(ogg)
ocaml(opus) ocaml(pcre) ocaml(portaudio) ocaml(pulseaudio)
ocaml(samplerate) ocaml(schroedinger) ocaml(sdl) ocaml(shine)
ocaml(soundtouch) ocaml(speex) ocaml(taglib) ocaml(theora)
ocaml(voaacenc) ocaml(vorbis) ocaml(xmlplaylist) ocaml(yojson)