* RE: lpr command line syntax
@ 2013-09-03 20:18 Rockefeller, Harry
From: Rockefeller, Harry @ 2013-09-03 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Problem resolved.  I was using the Windows 'lpr' command.
Even though cygutils is part of the 'base' Cygwin install this
package didn't have lpr.  So, I installed the other cygutils packages and
/usr/bin/lpr was there.  Well, it was either that, or running
lprsetup.sh and restarting Cygwin that brought about the Cygwin lpr command.

* Re: lpr command line syntax
@ 2013-09-03 23:20 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2013-09-03 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rockefeller, Harry, cygwin

Greetings, Rockefeller, Harry!

> The Cygwin lpr command requires both server and printer names, i.e.,

> $ lpr foo
> Sends a print job to a network printer
> Usage: lpr -S server -P printer [-C class] [-J job] [-o option] [-x] [-d] filename

I'm afraid, you're using Windows lpr command, rather than Cygwin.
(Yes, Windows DO have lpr command-line utility - it is a part of TCP/IP
installation, thus comes preinstalled on systems starting Windows '98.)

Though, I don't have Cygwin's lpr installed to compare records. Never had the
need for it.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...