* How to use only one line (remove the logged in info)?
@ 2011-08-22 12:54 icet
From: icet @ 2011-08-22 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi, could someone tell me how can I make the terminal use only one line
instead of two? Right now it is like this

Administrator@ddv~
#

I would like either
#

or
Administrator@ddv~ #

Thanks

* Re: How to use only one line (remove the logged in info)?
@ 2011-08-22 13:01 ` Eliot Moss
From: Eliot Moss @ 2011-08-22 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 8/22/2011 8:54 AM, icet wrote:

> Hi, could someone tell me how can I make the terminal use only one line
> instead of two? Right now it is like this
>
> Administrator@ddv~
> #
>
> I would like either
> #
>
> or
> Administrator@ddv~ #

Assuming you're talking about bash, you want to manipulate
the setting of environment variable PS1.  See "man bash" ...

This is not cygwin specific.

Regards -- Eliot Moss

* Re: How to use only one line (remove the logged in info)?
@ 2011-08-22 15:48 ` icet
From: icet @ 2011-08-22 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thank you very much, I wasn't aware of that since when I'm on linux this is
not an issue. This code already did the trick

export PS1="\u@\h \w>"

Will expend a few more hours reading about it, many options available.