* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: guile-3.0.9-1
@ 2023-02-18 14:12 Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-announce
From: Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-announce @ 2023-02-18 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Version 3.0.9-1 of

   guile3.0
   libguile3.0-devel
   libguile3.0_1

have been uploaded for cygwin.

CYGWIN NOTE
"guile" package has been obsoleted

The package postinstallation script uses alternatives(8)
to install a symlink for /usr/bin/{guile,guild,guile-config}
programs.

CHANGES
Latest upstream bugfix releases.
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/news/gnu-guile-309-released.html

DESCRIPTION
Guile is an implementation of the Scheme programming language,
supporting the Revised5 and most of the Revised6 language
reports, as well as many SRFIs.
Guile is designed to help programmers create flexible applications
that can be extended by users or other programmers with plug-ins,
modules, or scripts.

HOMEPAGE
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/

Regards

Marco Atzeri

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the
cygwin mailing list at: cygwin (at) cygwin (dot) com .

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: guile-3.0.9-1
@ 2023-05-08 19:16 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-05-08 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 18/02/2023 14:12, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-announce via Cygwin wrote:
> Version 3.0.9-1 of
>
>    guile3.0
>    libguile3.0-devel
>    libguile3.0_1
>
> have been uploaded for cygwin.

[...]
> If you have questions or comments, please send them to the
> cygwin mailing list at: cygwin (at) cygwin (dot) com .

Marco,

Trying to rebuild graphviz for updated perl and ruby, building the guile
binding now fails.
This update seems to break guile-config somehow:

> $ guile-config --version
> error: ("/usr/bin/pkg-config" "--modversion" "guile-3.0") exited with non-zero error code 127

downgrading to the previous version works as expected:

@ 2023-05-09 17:24   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2023-05-09 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Jon Turney via Cygwin writes:
> This update seems to break guile-config somehow:
>
>> $ guile-config --version
>> error: ("/usr/bin/pkg-config" "--modversion" "guile-3.0") exited with non-zero error code 127

Confirmed.

That would be ENOEXEC, so it looks like the quotes shown in the rerror
message are somehow actually going into the exec call.  Since one of the
changes in this version is to use spawn_posix instead of execle, I'd
start to look there.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: guile-3.0.9-1
@ 2023-05-09 20:26     ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2023-05-09 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: cygwin

On Tue, May 9, 2023 at 7:25 PM Achim Gratz via Cygwin wrote:

> Jon Turney via Cygwin writes:
> > This update seems to break guile-config somehow:
> >
> >> $ guile-config --version
> >> error: ("/usr/bin/pkg-config" "--modversion" "guile-3.0") exited with non-zero error code 127
>
> Confirmed.
>
> That would be ENOEXEC, so it looks like the quotes shown in the rerror
> message are somehow actually going into the exec call.  Since one of the
> changes in this version is to use spawn_posix instead of execle, I'd
> start to look there.
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

Noted. I can look on it during weekend

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: guile-3.0.9-1
@ 2023-05-13 19:55       ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2023-05-13 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Achim Gratz

On 09.05.2023 22:26, marco atzeri wrote:
> On Tue, May 9, 2023 at 7:25 PM Achim Gratz via Cygwin wrote:
>>
>> Jon Turney via Cygwin writes:
>>> This update seems to break guile-config somehow:

>> Confirmed.
>>
>> That would be ENOEXEC, so it looks like the quotes shown in the rerror
>> message are somehow actually going into the exec call.  Since one of the
>> changes in this version is to use spawn_posix instead of execle, I'd
>> start to look there.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Achim.
>
> Noted. I can look on it during weekend

3.0.9-2 is on the way.

   $ guile-config --version
   guile-config - Guile version 3.0.9

it was a upstream bug that impacted also other not-Linux platform

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: guile-3.0.9-1
@ 2023-05-17 20:30         ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-05-17 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13/05/2023 20:55, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin wrote:
> On 09.05.2023 22:26, marco atzeri wrote:

>>> Confirmed.
>>>
>>> That would be ENOEXEC, so it looks like the quotes shown in the rerror
>>> message are somehow actually going into the exec call.  Since one of the
>>> changes in this version is to use spawn_posix instead of execle, I'd
>>> start to look there.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Achim.
>>
>> Noted. I can look on it during weekend
>
> 3.0.9-2 is on the way.
>
>    $ guile-config --version
>    guile-config - Guile version 3.0.9
>
> it was a upstream bug that impacted also other not-Linux platform

Great! Works fine now. Thanks very much.